Monday, July 10, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 10, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

This has been another week of hurry up and wait. The windows were repaired on Monday when we finally had a day without rain. I'm still waiting for bids to repair the landscaping and have another company coming to give a bid on Tuesday. The contractor and plumber have promised to come on Monday to do their needed fixes. The painters are doing their final touches around the rain storms. The Locust Street house should go on the market this week. My townhouse will be advertised extensively this weekend and an open house is planned for Tuesday. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction with both those houses.

I have managed to get a little ahead on my reading but it is in exchange to an almost empty week on my blogs coming up the week of the 17th. Rainy weather gave me lots of reading time this last week and all but one of the books I read were engaging and fast-paced. 

Read Last Week
Amid Stars and Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener (review July 13 on MMTM*)
The Emperor of Mars by Patrick Samphire (review July 15 on MMTM*)
Midnight Curse by Melissa F. Olson (review July 15 on IoD)
Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson (review July 29 on IoD)
The Hunting Grounds by Katee Robert (review July 22 on IoD)
The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo! by Stephen Bramucci (review July 22 on MMTM)
The Countdown Conspiracy by Katie Slivensky (review July 27 on MMTM)
A Wedding Tail by Casey Griffin (review July 27 on IoD)

Currently
Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock is the last book on my July calendar. It is a review book.

Next Week
From TBR Mountain and moved back so that I could read review books:
From my review stack:
Reviews Posted
Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn
Some Kind of Hero by Suzanne Brockmann
Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine
Murder in Mayfair by D. M. Quincy
What Goes Up by Katie Kennedy

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook) by Stephanie Burgis is a new novella that will be released in September. I was offered this by the author and, since I have always enjoyed her books, I was glad to accept.

Midnight Curse by Melissa F. Olson is the first book in a series and is continued in a book from my review stack. I bought the Kindle version because I wanted to be up-to-date.
Visiting other people's blog is hazardous to my TBR mountain. After reading about these books, I had to get copies of my own.
I added two more to my Kindle.
 What was your week like?
*MMTM = Ms. Martin Teaches Media
*IoD = Inside of a Dog

12 comments:

  1. You're right...those Kindle deals are addictive! I have To catch a Killer too. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all the jobs around the houses get done and you get successful with the open days as well. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your post-retirement life is very busy, but you'll have time to deal with it all. Of course, the rain is an annoying interference. I remember that it took three months to paint my last house because of rains.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to The Danger Gang review! Third Daughter is cover goals btw! (another book to add to my ever growing TBR pile) Thanks for stopping by!

    Nobonita @ The Bengali Nomad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with getting your work down. It can be difficult dealing with contractors . Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping all the little chores will get done and the old place will sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that you are really getting a lot of reading and reviews done now that you are retired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of the K-9 thriller, Hunting Hour. Might try to look it up. Happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Wedding Tail looks good.Hope your sales go well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had a lot of rainy weather, too. It has definitely helped me read more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all the progress with your move. Great selection of books. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the work items get done around the rain. We have just started thinking about downsizing to a smaller house and looking around is daunting.
    You have so many interesting looking books. Thea Harrison sounded so familiar. I searched and discovered I have Dragon Bound on my Audible shelf.
    I hope this week is good for you. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!