Monday, January 29, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Jan. 29, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This was a nice quiet week. The weather warmed up for a few days giving us a high of 40 degrees F one day. Now the deep freeze is supposed to return. There isn't snow predicted until Tuesday which happens to be the day I need to get out of the house for some medical tests. There is only a 50% chance so I should be okay. Also all the tests are being done at the same clinic which is about 4 miles from my house.

I spent a good part of the week re-reading The Others series by Anne Bishop. Even though it was a re-read, I found myself staying up until 4 one morning to finish one of the books. I was up until 2 another night finishing another of them. I think I've finally gotten my sleep pattern back to a normal schedule after a couple of sleepy days. 

Other than the medical tests, this coming week should be a quiet one too. I'll be working on finishing the review books that release in February and writing my State of the Stack post which requires lots of linking. 

Read Last Week
  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop - reread; Here's my review.
  • Lake Silence by Anne Bishop - reread; My review is scheduled for March 3.
  • Twisted End by Tara Thomas - novella; My review is scheduled for Feb. 20.
  • Darkest Night by Tara Thomas - My review is scheduled for Feb. 21.
  • Hidden Fate by Tara Thomas - novella; My review is scheduled for Feb. 20.
  • The Tombs by Deborah Schaumberg - YA; My review is scheduled for Feb. 21.
Currently
Collision Point by Lora Leigh - first in a new romantic suspense series. Release date is Feb. 27.

Next Week
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

All for my review stack:
What was your week like?

21 comments:

  1. I might have to check out The Others series; that's a pretty convincing testimonial for a reread! Love the cover for The Tombs.

    Hope the snow is delayed and all is okay health-wise. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books that keep me up past mid-night are the best. Good luck with your tests. I hope it doesn't snow too much. I have to go out tomorrow too and they are predicting flurries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when a book keeps me up past my bed time! I'm interested to see what you think of Somebody's daughter.Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely re-read book so it makes me think that Bishop's books must be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many tempting books! I find myself staying up late with books, too. After retirement, we can catch up on sleep the next day!

    Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've got some good books this week. Good luck with the medical tests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice! I'm just wrapping up Etched in Bone as we speak! Cannot wait for Lake Silence now!!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of reading ahead of you. The weather here changed rapidly to being rather chilly. Typical Melbourne weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your medical tests go well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I stay up into the wee hours of the morning reading I pay for it for days. I could not do it twice in a week. Hoping all test turn out normal. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Promise Not to Tell looks so good. I have it on my Kindle. I'll have to add the David Bell book to my list. I read his last one and enjoyed it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I woke up to snow today! I felt so betrayed after our "warm" up. Lol. I hope your tests go well - and thank goodness it is a short drive on a snow day. Truly Devious looks really good - and darn that Anne Bishop series! Maybe next month. I got behind on reviews and now I am all a mess. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It warmed up here too over the weekend and now it's in the 20's again, and feels numbingly cold lol.

    I have Truly Devious to read, and Layover has me curious too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a pretty good week! And wow, some really amazing books, like Lake Silence and Tess of the Road! Hope you enjoyed this week, and will enjoy this next week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I would be doing so late night reading myself, if it weren't for the day job. Oh well, someday. The Anne Bishop series is new to me but looks and sounds interesting. Have a good week and happy reading. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly Devious and Tess of the Road are both on my wishlist. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many pretty books. Hope the testing goes well and the snow holds off for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! For some reason I can only comment with my super old Blogger profile, sorry about that. I just looked at all your books for this post, and I don't recognize any of them. You are definitely someone who can help me think outside my usual genres, thank you! Hope all of your tests go well. Thanks for stopping by my new little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of these days I need to check out The Others series, it looks good. Hope you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!