Monday, November 27, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (November 27, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was nice. Our recipe for a sheet pan Thanksgiving Dinner turned out well. It didn't look exactly like the picture but pretty close.
Cleaning out some of the leftovers for dinner is my current plan since my brother is working during the dinner hour today.

It is hard to believe that it is almost the end of November. I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow and it is lightly snowing now as I'm writing this. I would have been all right if there wasn't snow until Christmas Eve, but we have had less snow than usual for my part of Minnesota. We are 11.9 inches below the average for this date. We have had a couple of inches of snow in November but none of it stayed on the ground. I'm afraid this snow is on the ground until Spring.

This week should be a quiet one. I don't have any appointments on my schedule or any reason to leave the house. I will shortly be finishing my last 2023 review book, but I can't take a break since I have one January 2 release and six January 9 releases on my review stack. I'll be working on my draft posts for my January calendar, preparing my State of the Stack post, and totally out my November reading this week too. I do know that I've already met my often-revised Goodreads goal and will likely be increasing it again this time to 400 books. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Second Duke's the Charm by Kate Bateman (Review; December 26) -- Historical romance. Interesting characters. My review will be posted on December 19.
  • He Shall Thunder in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters (Audiobook Reread) -- Takes place in Egypt during WWI. My review will be posted December 19.
  • Public Anchovy #1 by Mindy Quigley (Review; December 26) -- Catering a library fundraiser leads to solving a couple of murders. My review will be posted December 20.
  • Murder on Cold Street by Sherry Thomas (Audiobook Reread) -- The fifth Lady Sherlock concerns clearing Inspector Treadles of a murder charge. It was another excellent addition to the series. My review will be posted on December 21.
  • Coconut Drop Dead by Olivia Matthews (Review; December 26) -- Lyndsay Murray, the Grenadian Nancy Drew, has another mystery to solve when the lead singer of an up-and-coming reggae band falls to her death at the annual Carribean American Heritage Festival. My review will be posted on December 21.
  • Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey (Review; December 26) -- This is the third novel in the Founding of Valdemar series and, among other things, explains why there are Heralds and Companions. My review will be posted on December 23. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. I was on staycation all last week and had a great Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I didn't blog much and am now playing catch up because I did manage to read 5 holiday themed books for the Ho! Ho! Ho! readathon and almost finished Stephen King's It. I really need to make time for Road Queens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fiction Writer sounds like something I would enjoy. Have a great day, Kathy ☕📚❄️☃️🩵

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bunch of good looking books, a few here the authors I have read but not these books. I did get a Rebecca Yarros book on sale but not this one. I know snow sounds wonderful to me but not to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you enjoyed a good Thanksgiving! And yay for a restful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice turkey! I've been eating leftovers since Thursday. We got some snow too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turkey looks like it turned out good! I'm not much of a turkey eater, so hopefully it was tasty! Lol!

    Nice lineup! Lots of new to me ones! I'm hoping to read the last two Chloe Neill books next month as I fell behind last year! Hope you enjoy the reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sheet pan dinner looks delicious! I hope you enjoy all your reads and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed you reached and passed the 500 reviews on NG! Don't know when I'll get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that your sheet pan Thanksgiving Dinner looks delicious! We got our first dusting of snow this morning. Luckily it it was really light and won't last.
    I went over to check out your Goodreads list. It sounds like you are enjoying some great reads these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sheet pan Thanksgiving idea. I might have to try it one day. Hope your week stayed quiet and you read some great books. Thanks for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, new books are always coming out! And we were lucky, we got a bit of snow right before Christmas, so that was nice. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!