Monday, April 8, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 8, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a good week. I mostly stayed in and watched the snow melt. The roads are fine and the snowbanks on the corners are low enough to see around but I still stayed home. Our solar panels created more than 50 kWh on Friday and Saturday which is the first time they've produced than much since last summer. 

I concentrated on reading review books this week but did manage to listen to a few more of the In Death audiobooks. I have only three more April books to read and review and I'm at 37% in the last one that releases on April 23. 

I also spent some time organizing all the recipes that we have printed out from the internet. Previously, all were stuffed into a cookbook and separated into rough sections in that cookbook. I bought some three-ring binders and sheet protectors. I am waiting for dividers that will let me organize the recipes within the binders. While organizing, I did find a couple of recipes I want to make again this week. Bill is finishing work at 4:30 each day this week which means I am in charge of cooking dinner. 

This coming week includes my brother's birthday. He printed out a coupon for a free appetizer from Texas Roadhouse which is a pretty strong hint that is where he wants to celebrate his birthday. That's completely fine with me. I love a good steak. 

I've also been watching my Braves play baseball. Their first two home games were quite exciting with a tenth inning win the first game and a come from behind win for their second home game. I hope today's game which should be starting shortly is also a win but less nerve-wracking. 

March Report

I read 39 books in March. Twenty-nine were mine including fifteen rereads. The other ten were from my review stack. I listened to sixteen audiobooks with fifteen being from the In Death series. My totals were 13,850 pages read and 204 hours listened. 

I added 34 books to my collection in March including 5 audiobooks and 9 review books. Twenty-five of the new additions are still marked TBR. Five of the new additions are marked Reread which means keeper copies of review books or Kindle copies of books from my print collection. I added two Audible Plus titles to my collection this month too which go along with two of my new Kindle copies of a series I want to reread. 

This is the first month that I can recall where I read more books than I added. Of course, my TBR stack still numbers 2529 so I am nowhere close to running out of new books to read. 

Read Last Week
  • Murder on Rose Hill by Victoria Thompson (Review; April 23) -- The 27th Gaslight Mystery has Frank and Sarah investigating the murder of a young female would-be journalist. My review will be posted on April 16.
  • The Mayfair Dagger by Ava January (Review; April 23) -- This combination mystery and romance has a young woman fleeing an unwanted marriage who sets herself up as a detective in London and the Scotland Yard detective who is also a Duke who suspects her of murder. My review will be posted on April 18.
  • The Stranger I Wed by Harper St. George (Review; April 23) -- Entertaining historical romance about a well-dowered illegitimate American girl and a British Lord who needs an infusion of cash. My review will be posted on April 18.
  • Four-Alarm Homicide by Diane Kelly (Review; April 23) -- Sixth House Flipper mystery has Whitney and Buck renovating an old firehouse and the townhouse around the corner. They have to deal with arson, vandalism, and the suspicious death of the woman who lives next to the townhouse. My review will be posted on April 20.
  • Pay Dirt Road by Samantha Jayne Allen (Mine since March 29) -- First Annie McIntyre mystery set in Garnett, Texas. New college graduate comes back home to find herself and ends up working as a private investigator in her grandfather's business. My review will be posted on May 11.
  • Hard Rain by Samantha Jayne Allen (Mine since March 29) -- Second Annie McIntyre mystery has her looking for a man who saved a woman swept away by a flood and finding a woman who was shot and had her car pushed into the flooding river. My review will be posted on May 16.
  • Next of Kin by Samantha Jayne Allen (Review; April 23) -- Third Annie McIntyre mystery has Annie searching for a man's birth parents which leads of lots of secrets. My review will be posted on April 17.
Currently
Next Week
  • Governor by David Weber and Richard Fox (Mine since January 16; Kindle/Audiobook)
  • The Phoenix Code by Catherine Asaro (Mine since 12/1/2023; Kindle)
  • Star Struck by Marjorie McCown (Review; May 7)
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

7 comments:

  1. I do enjoy the Other Than Reading bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Catherine Mack book looks good! So does Nosy Neighbors. I love that cover lol.

    Wow, you still had some pretty tall snow banks!! I'm glad you are having some more spring weather. And happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish The Mayfair Dagger was available right now! My local library doesn't even have it on order!
    We still have a bit of snow on the upper reaches of the hills, but spring is definitely here in spite of the chilly weather we are experiencing.
    Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of snow banks on corners blocking sight for a driver but of course yes they would. I have loved my solar panels over summer, will be interesting to see how winter affects them. I have pre-ordered Archangel's Lineage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your brother enjoys his birthday and his free appetizer. We like Texas Roadhouse, too. I've been using recipe apps to hold my recipes because we have limited kitchen space and many gadgets.

    Everything you read last week sounds interesting. I also want to read The Thursday Murder Club.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your brother has a nice birthday!

    Nice lineup of reads! One of these days I need to get caught up on the Guild Hunters series! I am soo behind! Not sure how that happened! Too many books I guess! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your reads lined up for this week!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!