Monday, April 29, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 29, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had another quiet week filled with books and baseball. I missed The Voice this week but caught up on the musical performances later in the week. I really don't mind missing all the personal stories and other fillers. I just enjoy the music. 

I have been making good progress on lowering my review stack. So much progress that I felt able to add a few more titles to that stack. BookBub also had quite a few intriguing books that were also free which I added to my ever-growing TBR mountain. 

I did finish listening to the Lady Sherlock series and am ready for the new one and still hoping to be approved for an ARC from NetGalley. I'm still working on the Major Bhaajan science fiction mysteries and should be finished before the new one is released. 

With my brother Bill working through the dinner hour most days this past week, I didn't try any new recipes. I do have a couple printed out that I might get him to try when he's off on Wednesday. He did make beef stroganoff one day that gave us a couple of meals. I made macaroni and cheese for myself for a few meals since he doesn't like it. 

Next week will be more of the same. He's working through the dinner hour every shift next week which means I need to cook for myself. I see lots of salads in my future. 

I have an appointment May 1 for blood work. Otherwise, I plan to stick close to home. I have my April State of the Stack post to finish up and April statistics to gather. I'll be finishing my May review books and starting my June books. I have ten June review copies on my stack. 

Read Last Week
  • The Bronze Skies by Catherine Asara (Audiobook Reread) -- Second Major Bhaajan Science Fiction Mystery. My review will be posted on May 9.
  • Locked in Pursuit by Ashley Weaver (Review; May 14) -- The fourth Electra McDonnell mystery. I enjoy the characters and the WWII setting. My review will be posted on May 7.
  • Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast (Mine since January 12, 2010) -- Entertaining paranormal romance/fantasy that is the first in a series. My review will be posted on May 4.
  • Miss Moriarty, I Presume? by Sherry Thomas (Audiobook Reread) -- Sixth in the Lady Sherlock series. I really enjoy the characters and the complex plots. My review will be posted on May 14.
  • Disturbing the Dead by Kelley Armstrong (Review; May 7) -- Third in the Ripped Through Time mystery series. Unwrapping a mummy leads to the next case for Mallory. My review will be posted on May 7.
  • Blood Red Summer by Eryk Pruitt (Review; May 14) -- Second Jess Keeler Thriller about a podcaster looking into a cold case. Fast-paced and alternates two different viewpoint characters from two different time periods. My review will be posted on May 8.
  • Cockatiels at Seven by Donna Andrews (Mine) -- Ninth book in the Meg Langslow series has Meg searching for a missing woman with a toddler in tow. My review will be posted on May 9.
  • A Tempest at Sea by Sherry Thomas (Audiobook Reread) -- The seventh book in the Lady Sherlock series has a nice twisty mystery. My review will be posted on May 21.
  • Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines (Review; May 21) -- 27th in the Sarah Booth Delany cozy mysteries. Entertaining. My review will be posted on May 14.
  • Liar's Point by Laura Griffin (Review; May 21) -- Entertaining romantic suspense in the Texas Murder Files series. My review will be posted on May 15.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the Catherine Asaro series - I haven't come across it before and it looks really intriguing. Have a lovely week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind on the Laura Griffin series, but Liar's Point looks like a good one. I have to catch up before I can get to it, though. I have Mind Games coming up soon, too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Death at a Scottish Christmas too, its why I read #2 this week. I look forward to Mind Games. I am waiting for Archangel's Lineage to post and arrive, not sure why its being held up, will have to email the shop if it doesn't move this week. Ugh - meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every Time I Go on Vacation Someone Dies is going on my list. Lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that you've gotten some review books done. Like you, I make it simple if I am all alone at suppertime. Hope you enjoy your books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone else is reading the someone dies on vacation book! Maybe that's a sign I should read it too? You get thru so many. Enjoy the salads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Every Time I Go on Vacation… and enjoyed it! I hope you have a great week! Here’s my Monday post : https://www.thathappyreader.ca/monday-matters-90-what-im-reading-whats-publishing-screen-adaptations-and-more/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice! Looking forward to Kelley's new book! Hope you enjoy the reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist buying an inexpensive book now and then on BookBub!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to get to the Sherry Thomas books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great titles. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!