Monday, April 15, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 15, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week filled with melting snow, Braves baseball, a new recipe, and dinner out at Texas Roadhouse. 

I have almost finished my In Death Rereadathon and will begin looking for my next audiobooks. Right now, it looks like a reread of a science fiction series that I read as review copies a few years ago but I may make different choices. 

This coming week will see the housecleaners on Thursday and a dentist's appointment on Friday. There is to be a rainy, windy start to the week and 60% change of snow on Thursday. It doesn't look like we'll be making much solar power from Tuesday through Friday.

I did spend some time this week on my reading calendar and setting up posts on Blogger for part of May. Books are filled in but there are spots for audiobooks that I'll choose based on mood or something. 

Read Last Week
  • Archangel's Lineage by Nalini Singh (Review; April 23) -- In this episode of the Guild Hunter series, a fragile peace is broken when the Refuge is in danger and Elena deals with her estranged father's heart attack. My review will be posted on April 23.
  • An Unfinished Murder by Jude Deveraux (Review; April 30) -- A Medlar Three mystery concerns an old murder in a house Kate remembers from her childhood. My review will be posted on April 24.
  • Every Time I Go on Vacation, Someone Dies by Catherine Mack (Review; April 30) -- Interesting cozy mystery complete with footnotes and told by an unreliable narrator. My review will be posted on April 23.
  • Abandoned in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- In Death Book 54
  • Governor by David Weber and Richard Fox (Audiobook; Mine since January 16) -- Epic space opera set in the same world as the Honor Harrington books. My review will be posted on April 25.
  • Desperation in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) -- In Death Book 55
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

Bought:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. A housecleaner might be a good idea. They'd probably take one look at my house and walk out. Living with a five-year-old child is messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Sixty percent chance of snow?! Wow. We are expected to have temps in the 90s later this week.

    I want to read The Thursday Murder Club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we outlaw snow in April? Just saying, spring needs to come. It's about 70 here today.

    Every Time I Go on Vacation Someone Dies sounds great. Hope you enjoy your week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Michaels, my favorite comfort books! I am crossing my fingers that you guys do not get any snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you are still dealing with the last flutters of winter. I really admire how you are doing a reread of the InDeath books. I just read the few lines you have written about Archarngel's Lineage and I feel I am now set up to read when it publishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would gladly take your snow over the 90 degree weather we've been having these last few days! Then later this week it will be dropping back to 60. If I manage not to catch a cold it will be a miracle! Lol.

    Nice set of reads going on here! Mostly new to me ones except for Singh's! I am soo behind in that series! Hopefully I can get caught up one of these days!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you enjoy all the books on your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wide assortment of books. Happy Reading and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am downloading the Abbi Waxman book tomorrow. I can't wait to dive into it.

    I also noticed your Jude Deveraux book and was reminded how much I enjoyed other books by her.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great books on your list. I have Every Time I Go On Vacation Someone Dies. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are enjoying The Thursday Murder Club. It looks like you have been reading some really fascinating mysteries this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!