Monday, April 22, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 22, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice week last week. I made it to my dentist's appointment through snow flurries. The snow was melting as it hit the ground and not causing any problems. I also went out to lunch at Big Daddy's - a local hamburger joint - which happens to be next door to my dentist. 

I give my brother a gift certificate for a pizza of the month from our favorite local pizza place for Christmas. We used April's coupon on Saturday. I did fix a salad to go along with the pizza to add a little healthy food to the meal. 

I have only one book left to listen to in my In Death Rereadathon and then it is the long wait until September for the newest release. I may get to it this week, but I may save it for later. I'm trying to listen to the Lady Sherlock series since the newest book will be published June 25. I have a pending request for the ARC at NetGalley and am still hoping for approval to read it. I also want to continue to listen to a series of science fiction books I read earlier. The new one in that series is being released July 2. 

I am reading a book from my TBR mountain right now. I've had it since 2010 and it is a bit of a slow read. I don't read as many paranormal romances as I used to and am having trouble getting back into the genre. I need to finish it or abandon it TODAY.

Next week is free of any sort of appointment. I should have a lot of time for reading and listening -- and watching my Atlanta Braves play baseball.

Read Last Week
  • The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (Mine) -- Begins a series of contemporary mysteries with geriatric detectives. My review will be posted on April 25.
  • Encore in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- In Death Book 56
  • The Phoenix Code by Catherine Asaro (Mine) -- Contemporary science fiction about cybernetics and artificial intelligence with a nice romance too. My review will be posted on April 27.
  • Star Struck by Marjorie McCown (Review; May 7) -- Second contemporary mystery set in Hollywood and starring a movie costumer. My review will be posted on April 30.
  • People in Glass Houses by Jayne Castle (Review; May 7) -- A new mystery/romance set on Harmony. My review will be posted on May 2.
  • Undercity by Catherine Asaro (Audiobook Reread) -- This science fiction mystery is set in the author's Skolian universe. My review will be posted on April 30.
  • Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen (Audiobook) -- First in the Molly Murphy historical mystery series. My review will be posted on May 2.
  • A Lonesome Place for Dying by Nolan Chase (Review; May 7) -- Debut contemporary mystery. My review will be posted on May 1.
  • Payback in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- In Death Book 57
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Kindle Daily Deal, $1.99) -- Reread
  • When She Dreams by Amanda Quick (Kindle Daily Deal, $4.99) -- Reread
What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. I like treating myself to lunch after a dentist appointment. Enjoy your week and your books, and here is my post: WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to binge read the In Death series one day!

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the In Death series. I really want to read The Thursday Murder Club. Looks so good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some big spending using Audible credits. I am so in admiration of you listening through the In Death series in readiness for the next one. I like listening but I like quiet too so I don't get through a lot of audio. But I love it. In Death series is so good on audio, if i read a book in it I hear the voices in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to get to The Thursday Murder Club. I checked it out once but had to return it before I could get to it.

    It looks like you have a nice mix of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Anna Lee Huber. Haven’t been able to track anything down recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice week. Hope that's the last of the snow.

    Looking forward to reading your review of The Thursday Murder Club. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a brilliant reading week Kathy. Since we moved, I haven't found a new dentist. My husband just went to see someone though, and if he likes them, I guess I will test them out. I am lucky that I have really good teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pizza of the month sounds wonderful! I hope you’re having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope this is the end of snow for you!

    I'm eager to hear your thoughts about The Thursday Murder Club.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!