Monday, June 10, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 10, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another pretty ordinary week. 

I did have an unexpected dentist's visit when I chipped off the filling on one of my front teeth. Naturally, I chipped it on a Thursday night and couldn't get in to see my dentist until the next Tuesday afternoon. There was no pain, but it was inconvenient to only eat things I didn't have to bite for 4 1/2 days. 

The weather was changeable. We had rain or the threat of rain all week. The rainiest day was the 4th when we got 1.48 inches. We did manage to make some solar power each day though we didn't hit 50kWh even once.

I sort of threw my planned reading out the window and decided to read all of the rest of the Sparks & Bainbridge mysteries including the newest which won't be released until July 30. They will all be reviewed sometime in July which does help fill the July calendar, but I usually read books in the order that they appear on the calendar and am feeling a bit unsettled about skipping around. 

As a part of that unsettled feeling, I am currently reading three books. Two of them are not really grabbing me but I won't be abandoning them. I'm making mini-goals, i.e. read 10% of one and be rewarded by listening to my audiobook for an hour. I keep hoping that one or the other will grab me so that I keep reading past the 10% goal, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Next week's schedule has a bunch more July review books on it. Some of them are carryovers from this week's plans. I have no out-of-the-house appointments or plans for the week. Reading and baseball are keeping me busy enough. 

Read Last Week
  • A Royal Affair by Allison Montclair (Chirp Audiobook) -- The second in the Sparks & Bainbridge mystery series. My review will be posted on July 4.
  • A Rogue's Company by Allison Montclair (Chirp Audiobook) -- The third in the Sparks & Bainbridge mystery series. My review will be posted on July 11.
  • The Unkept Woman by Allison Montclair (Chirp Audiobook) -- The fourth in the Sparks & Bainbridge mystery series. My review will be posted on July 18.
  • Dragonshadow by Elle Katharine White (Mine since 9/7/2022) -- Middle book in the Heartstone trilogy. This epic fantasy has great worldbuilding. My review will be posted on July 2.
  • The Lady from Burma by Allison Montclair (Audiobook reread) -- Another Sparks & Bainbridge mystery (fifth). I like the setting and time period. I also like the way the mystery and the characters' personal stories are interwoven. My review will be posted on July 23.
  • Murder at the White Palace by Allison Montclair (Review; July 30) -- Another excellent Sparks & Bainbridge mystery. I really hope the ending was a cliffhanger for the next book. My review will be posted on July 25. 
  • The Burning by Linda Castillo (Review; July 19) -- 16th Kate Burkholder mystery. I like the characters and the Amish country setting. My review will be posted on July 3.
  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (Audiobook Reread) -- Finale of the series that began with Written in Red. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes non-eventful weeks are the best. I hate it when I have to do rewards to get through books but I've been there too. Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ordinary weeks are awesome. I'm glad the tooth wasn't painful. I grind my teeth in my sleep and am dreading the day I break a tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordinary weeks can be nice. I like it when there's not a lot of crazy going on anyway!

    Nice lineup of reads! Quite a few new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all this week!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good-looking mysteries and suspense books on your list. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the surprise dentist visit. Even planned ones aren't always fun. Looks like you've got some great books to keep you busy. Hope you enjoy them. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hate dental issues. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your tooth is now fixed. You have piqued my interest in The Heartstone series, but alas, none are available at my local library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't have anymore dental issues. I have had my temporary crown for almost three weeks. I'm getting the permanent one this coming Wednesday. I'll be happy when it's all done. Your stack looks fun!! I really need to start Korina Moss's Cheese Shop series. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the tooth, that sounds unfortunate. And oh, you have some of my favourites in the currently reading! Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!