Saturday, July 17, 2010

In My Mailbox (July 18, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Well, I started out the week with good intentions. I was not going to buy a lot of books. However....
I visited the Amazon Marketplace for these books.

I had read about Beauty Sleep by Cameron Dokey on someone's blog and was intrigued by the summary. I like fairy tale retellings and this one is supposed to have humor, magic and word play.

I also go Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray. I have read other books by McCray and enjoyed them but didn't buy this when it come out for some reason. 

I also bought In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It contains three shorter works in three of her worlds. I have the League books on my Kindle but haven't read them yet. I already read her Dark-Hunter books. 

Barely a Lady by Eileen Dreyer is a Regency romance that is a bit grittier than most given that it centers around the Battle of Waterloo and has a hero and heroine who are divorced. I enjoyed this one though I thought the hero did some things that I would find unforgivable. 

I read that this was an anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and I have never read it. I know it is assigned to our 9th graders but it wasn't assigned to me when I was a 9th grader way back in the misty past. I thought I would like to know what my students are reading.

Now, five new books coming in actually isn't too bad for me. I am reading about a book a day this summer. But then Saturday came and I had to go check out my Amazon recommendations. Therefore, I added these books to my Kindle:
I am a big fan of Shelly Laurenston's light paranormals with romance and neat shifter characters. So I couldn't resist Beast Behaving Badly.

I have the other books by Devon Monk on my Kindle already. I decided to get the most recent one - Magic in the Storm - so that I would be complete when I had a chance to read the rest.

I really like Moira Rogers' Red Rock Pass series. I had to buy this prequel - A Safe Harbor - to find out how the story begins.

That was my week. What ended up in your mailbox this week?








15 comments:

  1. I can't believe you've never read To Kill a Mockingbird!! I hope you enjoy it. It's one of my favorite books of all time. Or wait, maybe you mean you've never read the anniversary addition?

    Great books all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever got around to reading To Kill A Mockingbird either. I remember at school we had a choice between Mockingbird and Picnic at Hanging Rock and being an Aussie I chose the Picnic.

    I got audibooks in my mailbox this week: http://www.bookloverbookreviews.com/2010/07/in-my-mailbox_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your IMM book selections always rock!!=)

    I picked up Demons Not Included but have yet to read it!!=)

    Enjoy all your reads!
    http://bit.ly/9ViVbR

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favourites! Hope you enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Demons not included looks fantastic :)

    To Kill a Mockingbird: oddly enough I have never read this.

    Beast Behaving Badly, Magic in the Storm, and A Safe Harbor all look good1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox Kathy. More than half of these I have never heard of so I can't wait to read your reviews. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just reviewed A Safe Harbor yesterday. Love Moira Rogers' Red Rock Pass series. In Other Worlds and Beast Behaving Badly are definitely on my want list.


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seeing Barely a Lady everywhere. I cant wait to get Monica Rogers myself. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi kathy! i agree. i enjoyed barely a lady but i couldn't forgive jack for some of the things he had done in the end, despite his grovelling. enjoy your other titles--you have a lot of good ones :)

    happy reading,
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're really going to enjoy To Kill a Mockingbird - it's an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books this week! I love To Kill a Mockingbird, it is such a great story! I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week. You're doing pretty good if you're reading a book a day! That is awesome! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want the Devon Monk book!! It is on my wishlist. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!