Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston. These are erotic paranormals with a variety of wereanimals. The main ones in this bunch are werelions and werewolves but werehyenas and wild Aftican dogs make appearances too. I have had this series on my Kindle for a while. I read an earlier series by her and enjoy the humor and the hot romance.
"Good." Sammy pulled the blanket from the end of the bed and covered Mitch from the chest down. The last think he needed to think about was a naked cat running around in front of his innocent baby sister. "Enjoy your soup."
Mitch is a werelion who also is a cop who is the only witness in a murder trial. Hit men are after him. The innocent baby sister is an alpha wolf who is anything but innocent and Mitch's best friend.


This is a fun, light series just right for a summer day.


22 comments:

  1. Cute teaser! I bet I know what happens next.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read and loved other Laurenston books, I have this one as well, need to get to it soon! http://readingangel002.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! This sounds like a great read, I haven't gotten around to it yet though. My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smile your teaser created! Very fun! I like the lines "naked cat running" and "Enjoy your soup."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser there....and the combination of worry and well being, yeah, definitely a smirk inducing mix. Thanks for sharing...and happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not familiar with this series, but it does sound intriguing. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a silly hahaha teaser, cute choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great teaser! :D

    Thanks for stopping by Wandeca Reads. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really fun!

    Thanks for visiting arch thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about this author. Cute teaser ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great teaser! This sounds really like the right book for a hot summer night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! I love the title of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm, nice teaser! I've heard about this series, but haven't read any yet

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the teaser - I'll have to check these books out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've read quite a few of Shelly's books. She writes very good heroes and strong heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like a pretty good book - thanks for sharing!

    My teaser is here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmmm... not usually my kind of book, but I actually like this teaser -- sounds like a fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Enjoy your soup" just made me giggle. Thank you for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny teaser. Why does a werelion need protection anyway ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha! Cute teaser!

    And if you are comfortable reading chick lit with a dash of humour, yes, you can try the Shopaholic books. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!