Friday, April 27, 2012

Book Beginning & Friday 56: Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais


Happy Friday everybody!!

Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader.
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 
If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56
Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
Today I chose to read Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais. I had this one on my Kindle because I recently saw a review for it and thought it sounded entertaining. It is another paranormal romance with shifters. In this case the hero is a grizzly bear and the heroine in a wererabbit.
Beginning:
Thirty years ago...

Bottom of the food chain indeed. Fuming in the corner of the schoolyard didn't make the words any easier to swallow.
Friday 56:
"What luck running into you here?"

"I knew breaking that mirror world turn out bad," he mumbled.


5 comments:

  1. The 56 is not what I expected based on that cover... lol... I expected HOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a match. I have read several of Eve's books. Looks like I need to read this one. j Here is my post:

    Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons I enjoy blogging is because it introduces me to genres I never knew existed!

    Thanks for posting it on Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Page 56 just makes it very interesting. I think I read it three times before commenting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!