Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (April 2, 2012)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.



My week was as busy as expected. Consequently, I only finished three books (and two of them had already been started last Sunday).
I finished A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster this week. It is part of the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series of romantic suspense titles. This one was much more romance than suspense but it was good revisiting characters from earlier books in the series. My review will post on Wednesday, April 4.

Beauty and the Werewolf was an entertaining entry into Lackey's 500 Kingdoms series. I like the twists on fairy tales and the strong, non-traditional characters. Bella was a very self-assertive young woman who wasn't going to let The Tradition push her around. My review will be posted on April 7.

You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother, Please by James Mihaley is the first book by a debut middle grade author. This is a humorous story about a young boy who has to keep aliens from repossessing the Earth and deporting all humans to a desolate planet. It has a nice nod to environmentalism and to kids working together. My review will be posted on April 7 and the book will be published on April 10.
I am currently reading Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally on my Kindle. This young adult story about a female high school quarterback who becomes romantically interested in a new student who is a rival for her position is entertaining so far. 

Next week is our Spring Break/Easter Break. I hope to have a lot of extra reading time. Here are the books that are already on the list for this week.
The China Gambit by Allan Topol is a thriller about an ex-CIA agent who has to foil a Chinese plot. I got this one for review from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations. The book was published in January 2012. It sounds like a real page-turner.

Until Next Time by Amy Lignor is a young adult paranormal that I received from Tribute Books. It is an ebook. I need to have my review posted on April 12. It sounds like an interesting take on angels. 

I'm not sure what I will read after that but I do know that I have a bunch of books on my stack to read and review in April. What are your plans for the week?


2 comments:

  1. I think I read Beauty and the Werewolf, pretty sure I did and pretty sure it was an awesome read! Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The China Gambit really does sound like a page turner! I hope it turns out to be as thrilling as is sound!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!