Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Prophet by Amanda Stevens


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I received The Prophet by Amanda Stevens from NetGalley. This story is the third in the Graveyard Queen series and is a modern Gothic novel. Here is the description:
My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.

Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.
Teaser:
He broke off, his head snapping around at the soft snick of a gate. Then he drew me to him quickly, dancing us both back into the shadows along the fence.

8 comments:

  1. I love your teaser! I still need to read this series. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks for sharing....and I love that cover!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. that is a nice teaser!

    Trish - My T.T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have book one on my Kindle to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this teaser and the description of this series. Must check it out! My post: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this teaser and that cover! I'm going to have to check into that series!

    Thanks for stopping by My Teaser of The Catastrophic History of You and Me

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dancing her back into the shawdows, I hope he's cute and the good guy. Would like to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!