Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows. I got this PDF from a publicist at Entangled Publishing. The book will be released on May 28. Here is the description:
It’s a good thing Gabe Bristow lives and breathes the Navy SEAL credo, “the only easy day was yesterday,” because today, his life is unrecognizable. When his prestigious career comes to a crashing halt, he’s left with a bum leg and few prospects for employment that don’t include a desk.

That is, until he’s offered the chance to command a private hostage rescue team and free a wealthy American businessman from Colombian paramilitary rebels. It seems like a good deal—until he meets his new team: a drunk Cajun linguist, a boy-genius CIA threat analyst, an FBI negotiator with mob ties, a cowboy medic, and an EOD expert as volatile as the bombs he defuses. Oh, and who could forget the sexy, frustratingly impulsive Audrey Van Amee? She’s determined to help rescue her brother—or drive Gabe crazy. Whichever comes first.

As the death toll rises, Gabe’s team of delinquents must figure out how to work together long enough to save the day. Or, at least, not get themselves killed. Because Gabe's finally found something worth living for, and God help him if he can’t bring her brother back alive.
Teaser:
"Tranquilo," Jacinto said, his voice warped by the mask but still as friendly as ever. Like he was talking about a futbol game. Or the traffic. Or the weather. "Let it happen, SeƱor Van Amee. Go to sleep now. I won't hurt you. You're worth too much money."

6 comments:

  1. OOh interesting! So someone's being held hostage? Very interesting!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK got some language variations going on here. I'm with Jessica wondering if someone is being kidnapped. However, there is a very nice looking guy on the cover suggesting different things so I can't be sure. Very intrigued. Thank you so much for stopping by my TT. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover! This sounds like it could be a fun and interesting read. Will have to add it to the list. My teaser: Wall-to-Wall Dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my current read is: Kiss of Fire (Imaland Series #1 .99 cents for Kindle at Amazon, #2 in series is Eyes of Ember $2.99 for Kindle. Teaser: I would do anything to save him. I was shocked at the confidence I suddenly felt. 2nd teaser: We have to get to him before the Vyzmazat completes itself. Enjoy! Vicki
    arcticriders@yahoo..com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!