Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Memes: Foreplay by Sophie Jordan

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Foreplay by Sophie Jordan. I got this ARC through Amazon Vine and chose it on the strength of the author's name. Here is the description of this Nov. 5 release:
Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend's brother, Hunter, for, like, ever. He's the key to everything she's always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she's kissed exactly one guy, she has the perfect plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom: take a few pointers from someone who knows what he's doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he's beyond gorgeous, but he's also dangerous and deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as a lesson in attraction is turning both their worlds upside down, and showing them just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what's real. . . .
It sounds like I am going to be reading my first New Adult book.

Beginning:
All my life I knew what I wanted. Or rather, what I didn't want.
Friday 56:
When we got to Mulvaney's we walked in through the back door, past the food counter. My stomach growled and I remembered I hadn't eaten since lunch. 

3 comments:

  1. This one is already on my TBR list!!!! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book's beginning makes me ask the question: what didn't she want? I'd keep reading to find the answer. As someone who loves to eat, I can't relate to skipping a meal!
    Here's my Book Beginnings / Friday 56 post.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!