Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (Oct. 20, 2013)

Tynga of Team Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

After two weeks of empty mailboxes, this week more than made up for it.

Audiobooks

Tantor Media has some great audiobook deals - $6.99 for on unabridged book on CD - and I went a little crazy with their great selection. I bought:
I started listening to Darkness Dawns since I was traveling and am really enjoying the story. My round trip isn't quite long enough to complete the book. Looks like I may have to drive around for a while before I go home on Sunday.

Review Books


I received Wild Justice by Kelley Armstrong this week. I won it as part of LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. The computer must have hiccuped because I got two copies. I am eager to read this addition to the Nadia Stafford series. This book will be released on Nov. 26.


I also got a copy of Alone by Kendra Elliot. She had emailed me to ask if I would like to read this addition to the Bone Secrets series and I was delighted to accept. This book won't be released until Jan. 7, 2014. I look forward to reading it during my Christmas Break this year.






Purchased


When I learned the Joelle Charbonneau had written adult mysteries in addition to her YA dystopia trilogy, I decided that I wanted to see what they are like. I went to Amazon Marketplace to see if I could find discounted copies of those mysteries. Skating Over the Line which is the second in the Rebecca Robbins series arrived this week. I need to wait until they all trickle in because I really like to read books in series order.

I also got Disenchanted & Co., Part 2: His Lordship Possessed by Lynn Viehl for my Kindle. Part 1 has been waiting since publication. Now I can read them both.

What did you add to your stack this week?

7 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I can't wait for Wild Justice! Although it's been forever since I read the last Nadia book, hopefully I won't get too lost!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love opening the mailbox sometimes! Looks like you are in for some great reads! I love the cover for Alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you got Wild Justice! Lucky lady! :)

    You got some great deals on the audio books. Happy listening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul, Kathy! Thanks for sharing the information about Joelle Charbonneau's series. I, too, like to read a series from the start and in order. Much more enjoyable that way. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skating Over the Line looks like a really interesting book. Hope you enjoy all your new books!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Am a huge Kelley Armstrong fan, so really looking forward to Wild Justice! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound really good. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!