Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from an impulse pick at NetGalley. I chose Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach because I was in the mood to read some science fiction. Here is the description of this Nov. 5 release:
Devi Morris isn't your average mercenary. She has plans. Big ones. And a ton of ambition. It's a combination that's going to get her killed one day - but not just yet.

That is, until she just gets a job on a tiny trade ship with a nasty reputation for surprises. The Glorious Fool isn't misnamed: it likes to get into trouble, so much so that one year of security work under its captain is equal to five years everywhere else. With odds like that, Devi knows she's found the perfect way to get the jump on the next part of her Plan. But the Fool doesn't give up its secrets without a fight, and one year on this ship might be more than even Devi can handle.
Teaser:
"Well," I said at last, putting my glass down with a clink. "I guess if Caldswell hasn't fire me yet, he's not going to." 

3 comments:

  1. I don't read a whole lot of science fiction, but when I do, this sounds like something I would enjoy.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder why she would get fired... what'd she do?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!