Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Memes: Prudence by Gail Carriger

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Prudence by Gail Carriger. This is the first book in her new Custard Protocol series. I have really enjoyed all of Carriger's historical fantasy stories and think this one sounds like fun too. Here is the description from Amazon:
Introducing the Custard Protocol series, in which Alexia Maccon's daughter Prudence travels to India on behalf of Queen, country...and the perfect pot of tea.

When Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama ("Rue" to her friends) is bequeathed an unexpected dirigible, she does what any sensible female under similar circumstances would do -- she christens it the Spotted Custard and floats off to India.

Soon, she stumbles upon a plot involving local dissidents, a kidnapped brigadier's wife, and some awfully familiar Scottish werewolves. Faced with a dire crisis (and an embarrassing lack of bloomers), Rue must rely on her good breeding -- and her metanatural abilities -- to get to the bottom of it all...
Beginning:
Lady Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama was enjoying her evening exceedingly. The evening, unfortunately, did not feel the same about Lady Prudence.
Friday 56:
Rue almost slipped back into the pond. She recovered her balance and glared at him. He remembered his manners, embarrassed. However, when he tried to assist her in dumping water out of her boots, she issued him a sharp, "Shoo!"

11 comments:

  1. I've read Soulless and Etiquette and Espionage - I'd like to continue both and start Prudence. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be a little slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one sounds like fun! Love the cover, too. Enjoy....and thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “CRASH & BURN”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book and I find these to be a lot of fun on audio. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read a Gail Carriger book for a really long time and yet I still haven't gotten there yet! I love the sound of her writing and that name is hilarious! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have  great weekend!
    My Friday Meme
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds great. The title made me think historical steam punk and so does the cover. I was close. LOL I'd love to read this!
    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for visiting my 56.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Gail Carriger's novels. I forgot about this one but I've definitely been looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fun, I should try one of her books.
    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is such a witty writer, I like her a lot!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not a genre I read, but that cover is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i might have this on my Kindle already. must check.

    thanks for sharing. love the snippets and thanks for stopping by the blog as well.

    have a great weekend Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!