Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"So, if he dies, it's my fault." The thought depressed her. How would inflicting a fatal injury on a foreigner affect her chance at the diplomatic corps?
This week my teaser comes from Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti. I bought this one after seeing it on a list of recommended books by Gail Carriger. Here is the description from Amazon:
Flight is freedom, but death hangs in the skies...

Taya soars over Ondinium on metal wings. She is an icarus, a courier privileged to travel freely across the city’s sectors and mingle indiscriminately amongst its castes. But even she cannot outfly the web of terrorism, loyalty, murder, and intrigue that snares her after a daring mid-air rescue. Taya finds herself entangled with the Forlore brothers, scions of an upperclass family: handsome, brilliant Alister, who sits on Ondinium’s governing council and writes programs for the Great Engine; and awkward, sharptongued Cristof, who has exiled himself from his caste and repairs clocks in the lowest sector of the city. Both hide dangerous secrets, in the city that beats to the ticking of a clockwork heart.

6 comments:

  1. I might have to put that one on my list.

    Here is mine, a mystery this week: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-book-stops-here/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. Here is my TT: http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting! That's a new to me one!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intense and exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW”

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's strange that the speaker in your Teaser is less concerned about causing someone's death than he is about its effect on his career. That tells us a lot about the character!
    My Tuesday post features ELIZABETH’S LANDING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say her chance is shot... lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!