Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: The Trouble with Magic by Patricia Rice

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
All right, he told himself, so sensible meant one thing to her and another to him. Cocking his shoulder on the door frame, Ewen glowered just to see if that would cloud her rosy good cheer.
This week my teaser comes from The Trouble with Magic by Patricia Rice. This is a Kindle Daily Deal from my TBR mountain. Here is the description from Amazon:
Is Her Magic a Gift or a Curse...?

All the Malcolms have some magic, but Lady Felicity's ability to read people's emotions simply by touching them or their possessions overwhelms her. She's reached a marriageable age, but how can she ever wed when she can see so clearly a man's guilty secrets?

Only He Can Tell the Difference...

Ewen Ives, itinerant rake and adventurous inventor, knows better than to underestimate the mischief of the Malcolms. But sparks fly when he encounters Felicity, and Ewen can't seem to refuse her plea for assistance...

6 comments:

  1. I just read another book on an empath. This sounds interesting.

    This week mine is actually nonfiction: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-parents-who-kill-their-children/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an entertaining story. I love the book's cover.
    My Tuesday post features THE OTHER SIDE OF HEARTACHE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! Yet another new to me read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading a couple of series with empaths. Lots of predicaments in them and this one made me laugh out loud:)
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/12/teaser-tuesdays-114-the-city-of-blood-a-paris-homicide-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It usually does mean different things between men and women... LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!