Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 4, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

The weather has been beautiful this week. The grass has turned green and the trees have those green shadows they get before the leaves show. Alas, Spring Fever has hit my students. None of us want to be inside on such lovely days. There are only 15 more school days for the elementary kids and 23 for the kids in grades 6 - 11. The seniors have 18 more school days before graduation.

It is still meeting season here at school. Last Tuesday's meeting was postponed to this Tuesday in hopes of more people being able to attend.

This also turned into a week when I updated my blog. I have set almost all of my posts for June and scheduled the ones that could be done before I read the book (Teaser Tuesdays and my Friday Memes). I also caught up on posting my review to Amazon for all of the books that released in April. I could disappear for the month of May and my blog would keep chugging out scheduled posts. That is a good thing considering how busy the last month of school always is.

Read Last Week
The Cage by Megan Shepherd is a science fiction story where some kids are captured by aliens. It was okay but Gordon Dickson did it better many years ago. Of course, Dickson did it for adults. Kids new to the concept will enjoy this one. My review will be posted on May 28.

Prudence by Gail Carriger was a fun romp filled with her tongue-in-cheek style. A new generation is having new adventures. My review will be posted on May 30.
Night of a Highland Dragon by Isabel Cooper is an historical paranormal romance that I got for review from NetGalley. It was an entertaining story with dragons. My review will be posted on May 27.

Ever After by Jude Deveraux is the third book in her Nantucket Brides trilogy. I enjoyed it very much. My review will be posted on June 18.
I ended the week with two excellent books from my YA review stack. I got both of them from Macmillan.

Devoted by Jennifer Matthieu tells the story of a young woman from one of those very restrictive Christian sects who has to leave to become the person she is meant to be. My review will be posted on May 27.

Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman was an exciting middle grade adventure. Two middle school kids, new friends, have to solve puzzles and find a treasure before some dangerous adults find it. My review will be posted on June 4.

Currently
Because my next YA review book turned out to be a disappointment, I decided to reward myself with something that has been sitting on TBR mountain since its publication. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead is the final book in her Bloodlines series.

Next Week
This week my adult choices are recent purchases from my TBR mountain.

Fountain of Secrets by Anita Clenney was a Kindle Daily Deal and is the second book in a series. I had the first for review and enjoyed it.

The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston begins a new series for her. She is one of my favorite urban fantasy authors.
The YA books on the stack for this week are review books that will be released in June.

Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Sea by Jonathan Kranz was an unsolicited surprise from Macmillan.

I chose The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen from Edelweiss.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
April felt like it sped by. I read 23 books with a total of 8297 pages. Ten were from my TBR mountain and the other 13 were review books.

What was your week or month like? Leave me a link and I'll stop by.

8 comments:

  1. Whoo Who on the few school days left. I would always start counting around 20. :)

    ENJOY the beautiful day, and all these good-looking books.

    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I still need to read Prudence and so looking forward to the Cage! And ooh Loved the Ruby Circle! Have a great week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious..you are so organised!

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection! I'm looking forward to The Cage. I'm also very intrigued by Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Sea. Have a great week, happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My It's Monday! post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring fever abounds! Definitely want to read Ever After Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the days are counting down! I am so impressed how scheduled you are. I would like to be even one week ahead. HA!
    Ever After looks good. I have thought to try Shelly Laurenston but wasn't sure if she is too edgy for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised on your blog, I need to do better, you should give lessons lol. I'm adding the Nantucket Bride trilogy to my wishlist, love the cover of Ever After. Enjoy the glorious weather and your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so organised on your blog, I need to do better, you should give lessons lol. I'm adding the Nantucket Bride trilogy to my wishlist, love the cover of Ever After. Enjoy the glorious weather and your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!