Tuesday, March 13, 2018

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Deja Moo by Kirsten Weiss

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posted the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. In 2018, Vicki from I'd Rather Be at the Beach is taking over this meme.

Here's mine:
I aimed the flashlight beneath the hood of my vintage pickup and frowned at the tangle of wires.
 
Link up here. It is very easy to play along:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine:
"You have to come to the Visitors Bureau. Now."

My brows drew together. "What's wrong?"

"Your mother is here."

I went cold. "Is she all right?"

"She's running amuck," Penny hissed. "Get over here.Now!" She hung up.
This week I am spotlighting Deja Moo by Kirsten Weiss. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
A holiday tradition turns deadly, but is the paranormal museum to blame?

Maddie Kosloski is no fan of San Benedetto's Christmas Cow, a thirty-foot straw bovine that graces the town square every December. For one thing, the cow displaces her paranormal museum as the number one tourist attraction. Plus, every year, despite around-the-clock surveillance, the cow goes up in flames.

But this year, there's more than just a fire blazing in Maddie's wine-country hometown. One of the Christmas Cow guards has been found with an arrow in his chest, and Maddie's new haunted cowbell exhibit is fueling a panic. Are the spirits in her museum getting too hot to handle? If Maddie can't stop the hysteria―and the murderous archer―her holiday plans might not be the only thing full of holes.



12 comments:

  1. I can't resist the title and cover. Hope you enjoy the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kathy!

    I'm joining in this week :)

    I love that - 'wires' I'd be exactly the same. Sounds a laugh this book!

    Here is mine, I'm featuring, The Third Victim by Phillip Margolin http://bit.ly/2Gq9fVa

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time seeing this book. I like the intro and teaser, and what a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun book. See what we are featuring today at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read. Adding it to my TBR and I think my mother will enjoy it too. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A paranormal museum? Oh sounds like fun. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh! Wondering what kind of amok she's running?! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing scarier than a tangle of wires you can't ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Kathy, this book looks like a lot of fun. I do love a good cozy mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to see that "vintage" pickup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks definitively good. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!