Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Memes: Lake Silence by Anne Bishop

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Moonsday, Juin 12

I wouldn't have known about the dead man if I hadn't walked into the kitchen at the exact moment my one-and-only lodger was about to warm up an eyeball in the wave-cooker.
Friday 56:
Before I could become more than mildly alarmed, the Lady of the Lake rose out of the water to my left and said, "You shouldn't tease Miss Vicki after she gave you a carrot."

The swirling stopped. I looked to my right. The pony had disappeared.
This week I am featuring Lake Silence by Anne Bishop. This is one of my most highly anticipated books of the year. This story is set in her Others urban fantasy world. Here is the description from Amazon:
In this thrilling and suspenseful fantasy set in the world of the New York Times bestselling Others series, an inn owner and her shape-shifting lodger find themselves enmeshed in danger and dark secrets.

Human laws do not apply in the territory controlled by the Others--vampires, shape-shifters, and even deadlier paranormal beings. And this is a fact that humans should never, ever forget....

After her divorce, Vicki DeVine took over a rustic resort near Lake Silence, in a human town that is not human controlled. Towns such as Vicki's don't have any distance from the Others, the dominant predators who rule most of the land and all of the water throughout the world. And when a place has no boundaries, you never really know what is out there watching you.

Vicki was hoping to find a new career and a new life. But when her lodger, Aggie Crowe--one of the shape-shifting Others--discovers a murdered man, Vicki finds trouble instead. The detectives want to pin the death on her, despite the evidence that nothing human could have killed the victim. As Vicki and her friends search for answers, ancient forces are roused by the disturbance in their domain. They have rules that must not be broken--and all the destructive powers of nature at their command.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, that beginning was a bit creepy...yikes! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since I have picked up a fantasy novel. This sounds like a great concept. I hope that it is one you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lake Silence sounds like a good book. Enjoy your current read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I'm adding it to my wishlist. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. Warming up the eyeball might just be as far as I'd get with this one. I like creepy, but I don't know.... Hope you enjoy it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the first one in this series off audible and I'm really looking forward to it. The MC des not sound like she's in a good situation in the beginning. Warming eyeballs sounds bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...that beginning! Sounds awesome.

    Have a great weekend, Kathy and happy reading!

    Jo-Ann at Inspiration PIe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to start this series already. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like my kind of book. Even the cover has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beginning though... lol... ew. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really looking forward to reading this one. I have one more Anne Bishop book to go before I get to this one though. It sounds so good! And I just love her Others world.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!