Friday, March 23, 2018

Friday Memes: Falling Star by Terri Osburn

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Chance Colburn looked about as comfortable as a lumberjack trapped at a royal tea party.
Friday 56:
"Well?" He watched her with raised brows. "You go up first."

"Up where?"

"There." He pointed at the sky. "Climb through the opening so we can lie on the roof."

She would do no such thing. "Are you crazy? I'm not getting on top of this car."
This week I am reading Shooting Star by Terri Osburn. This is a romance from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
A country star looking for a comeback has one last shot at fame—and he might just have one last shot at love.

Naomi Mallard is a fixer by nature. And as PR manager for Nashville’s Shooting Stars record label, she’s facing her biggest fix: redeeming country music bad boy Chance Colburn. But in Naomi’s eyes, a police record and a stint in rehab are the least of Chance’s sins. He has spent his life running from demons and making tabloid headlines that have sent his career into a tailspin. Now he’s struggling to find his muse and maintain his newfound sobriety, all while counting on the woman he once betrayed to repair his tattered reputation.

Naomi is determined to keep their relationship strictly professional, but that’s not easy when an unexpected injury forces the former couple into disturbingly close proximity. Will mending their once-broken relationship be Naomi’s best save yet? Or will Chance’s past wreck any hope for a future together?

13 comments:

  1. That beginning has me laughing out loud! Sounds like it is a fun and interesting story. I hope that you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image conjured by those opening lines. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent opening lines....ENJOY, and thanks for coming by my blog, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this sounds great! Love the beginning! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were both great. Loved the BB. I would love for you and your readers to check out mine! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews32318

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beginning made me giggle. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great, Kathy! I love that opening. I'm trying to imagine a lumberjack at a royal tea party now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy!

    Sounds like a lovely romance, full of ups and downs! Hope you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't really sound like my kind of read, but I do like the colors on the cover. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!