Monday, March 19, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 19, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

It was a quiet weather week here in Duluth. The temperatures hovered in the 40s, the skies were blue, and some snow melted. There isn't even any snow in the near forecast. I couldn't be happier with these early signs of Spring. And...baseball season is just days away. I will admit I've been watching lots of Spring Training games on MLB network but I can't wait until I can watch my Atlanta Braves play.

I did do my banking this week. It is wonderful to go to my online banking account and see "Paid in Full" next to my mortgage.

I'm working away at my April releases from my review stack which wasn't really helped when I added two more to the April stack this week. My May stack already has 18 review books on it. I would like to start lowering that stack soon.

Read Last Week
  • The Cruel Prince by Holly Black - entertaining YA which starts a trilogy from my TBR mountain. Review will be posted on April 4.
  • Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton - great conclusion to a fantasy trilogy. My review will be posted on April 11.
  • Lake Silence by Anne Bishop - another re-read of my new favorite book.
  • Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian - beginning of new YA fantasy trilogy. My review will be posted on April 13.
  • Save Me by Tiffany Snow - final book in a romantic suspense quartet. My review will be posted on April 17.
  • The Explorers: The Reckless Rescue by Adrienne Kress - middle grade adventure that is the 2nd book in a series. My review will be posted on April 18.
Tried but wasn't feeling. I threw them back onto TBR mountain for another day.
Currently
The Viridian Convict by Sam York (May 1) is a review book I just accepted from a publisher I haven't read before.

Next Week
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
New Review Copies
What was your week like?

21 comments:

  1. You have a great looking haul!

    I have been eyeing The Broken Girls...and the new Melinda Leigh looks tempting.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of books to read! Many look very interesting. I'm curious about Murder on Moon Trek 1 - never heard of it, but the cover is so intriguing! Here's my reading week: http://bit.ly/2pkDW6U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice on the mortgage. :)

    Lots of books to choose from. THE BROKEN GIRLS was very good...going to check out your review.

    Have a great week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so many books read in a week! I envy you!!! Hah I read only one... in two weeks! Now I'm off to read you review of Bones don't lie (the title got my attention ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Holly Blacks new book wasn’t a trilogy. I hate waiting for the other books to come out. Glad you enjoyed a the Broken Girls. I thought it was good too and very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I either missed or forgot about the new Carrie Vaughn ... I usually like her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finally closing. What a journey that's been. Here's what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh very nice! I am rather curious about Ash Princess so I will look forward to your review! Happy Reading this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great line up you have. I have to pick out the next book after I finish one. Sometimes I'm in the mood for some other genre.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo I haven't read a Johansen book in forever. I'm going to have to get back to her books. And I think the only way we can all get our TBR piles smaller is to have all the authors stop writing for awhile to let us catch up. LOL - that's not going to happen. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deja Moo looks good if the cats is in the story :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutely fascinated with your detailed organization of the books you're reading (listing when detailed reviews will be posted)! Amazing! I'm especially looking forward to reading your reviews on The Cruel Prince and the Ash Princess. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your books. They all look so good. I love baseball and I really wish spring would arrive already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had two of these books in my hand at the library tonight! Lol - Gemina, Cruel Prince. I was debating which one as I already had an armful but then my kiddo started to get loud so we left. Lol. I think I will wait and see which one you like better!

    I am not a big baseball fan but we have been trying to take our son to more types of events, and I feel a Detroit Tigers game is in our future for this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having a paid out mortgage is the most wonderful feeling in the world. You feel free.

    Take a look at the Rays, if you get a chance. My niece’s husband is a fast-ball, left-handed pitcher for them. His name is Nathan Eovaldi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the "paid in full"! Looking forward to the Eve Duncan books. Hard to believe that baseball will be starting soon! But it is a sure sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad that our snow is finally gone too. And maybe wonder of wonders it will actually warm up soon! LAke Silence I keep hearing good things about, I think I need to get. Gemina I liked and just finished Obsidio.

    Royal Bastards and Murder on Moon Trek 1 look good to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a nice thing to log in and see for sure :) Hope you're having a good one so far this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I finished my house loan two months ago and it sure felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations paying off the mortgage. :-)
    Lots of interesting books. Love the title of Shelved under Murder.
    Glad to know you liked Cruel Prince. I will listen to it in April.
    Enjoy your start of spring days and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome news about the mortgage. What a thrill that must be.
    Lots of great books. Holly Black is always a good read. The cozy mysteries should be on my list to read as well.

    Enjoy your spring weather. I think we will finally get there this week.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!