Friday, June 22, 2018

Friday Memes: A Rumor of Bones by Beverly Connor

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The mist rose from the uncovered graves like a spirit. Soon the sun would rise above the horizon and burn off the haze, and the site would be alive with the activity of archaeologists. But now, in the predawn hours, it was a mystic place -- silent, stranded between the past and present. This was the time of day when Lindsay loved the site best. She could almost breathe in the past.
Friday 56:
They looked up at Lindsay and grinned, like suddenly the great Lindsay could be mistaken, humbled by the likes of Thomas. Derrick, however, winked his "I'm with you kid" wink at her. The sheriff grinned as if he were witnessing a contest.
This week I am reading A Rumor of Bones by Beverly Connor. This book has been on my TBR pile since I bought it October 17, 2010. Here is the description from Amazon:
Lindsay Chamberlain, archaeologist and forensic anthropologist, is working on an archaeological dig in Georgia. The local county sheriff asks her to identify human remains found recently in shallow graves in nearby woods.

As the archaeology crew excavates, strange things begin to happen. First come the grave robbers and pot hunters. Then mysterious opposition to the dig from a shady lawyer who has been orchestrating attacks against the crew. When the lawyer is murdered and someone attempts to abduct a five-year-old girl, Lindsay finds herself in the middle of a chain of crimes that began with a homicide sixty years ago. After the passage of so much time it looks as if the guilty party may get away with murder - unless Lindsay can uncover the solution.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really long TBR Kathy - I hope it was worth the wait - Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the descriptive writing of the beginning. I can really picture what the character is seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that someone else has a huge TBR like mine. Sounds like you found a good one to grab from it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I love books featuring archaeologists. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds very intriguing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are loving this one, Kathy. It sounds wonderful! I need to get to some of those older books on my shelves too . . . Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a wonderful read! I haven't seen many books that feature archaeology. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely have multiple books on my shelf that I haven't even touched. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are enjoying it now you finally got around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that opening, the p56 extract and the synopsis! It's great to find a gem in your TBRs, and I hope that it is as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds intriguing! Happy reading!

    Amy x

    http://www.amysbookishlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this series! I think the later books got a bit more intense and she had another series that had a very Bones feel that I really loved too. I keep looking for new books by her but it hasn't happened in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!