Monday, June 4, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 4, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

I spent a lot of time last week working on my blogs. I wrote my monthly State of the Stack post revealing my progress with my Review books. I also set up my July calendar and created the blog posts for the books I plan to read. The Tuesday and Friday Memes are scheduled and the reviews are just waiting for me to actually read the books. I knew I had a lot of review books releasing in July but I didn't realize that I only had room for a couple of my own TBR mountain books. I could choose three YAs (and one of those is already read and scheduled because I needed to move a finished review to fit in a late-arriving review book) and four adult books and then my calendar was full.

I read 27 books in May for a total of 10,105 pages. Twelve were mine including my six re-reads and six from TBR mountain. I read 15 review books this month. Twenty-one of the books I read were ebooks.

This past week has had a few rainy days with thunderstorms and cooler temperatures which provided good reading time. There is a thunderstorm right now as I'm writing this on Saturday morning.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
I finished the Divergent trilogy this week by completing Allegiant by Veronica Roth. After completing that emotional whirlwind, I needed to go back to some comfort books for a while. I wasn't ready to invest in anything new and chose to read Anne Bishop's Others series again.
 
Currently
Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews - new arrival being released on June 26

Next Week
Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvery (TBR pile since Jan. 1, 2012)
Now You See Her by Lisa Leighton & Laura Stropki (Review - June 26)
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager (Review - July 3)
The Banker's Wife by Cristina Alger (Review - July 3)

Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
Island of the Mad by Laurie R. King
The Memory of Fire by Callie Bates
Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Ruthless Magic by Megan Crewe
Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez
City of Bastards by Andrews Shvarts

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I added a mixed bag this week. I actually bought (paid money) for half the books I added this week which is sort of unusual for me recently.
  • From the Ashes by Sabrina Flynn - a free historical mystery for my Kindle
  • Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews - a new Review book (June 26) by a favorite author. I was invited by the authors to get it from NetGalley.
What was your week like?



10 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great reading week! This week I'm reading a library book:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2018/06/what-im-reading-6418.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelter in Place is on my wishlist. That looks like a good one. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read 23 books last month. I had planned to get through 16 newly published books but only got through 8 of them. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO organized!!! I barely know day to day what I'm going to read or review or write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 27 books! Amazing. I hope you enjoyed them all.

    Thanks for sharing...I'm curious about the Nora Roberts book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of these books look awesome!! I think we are in for your weather this week. I better get to the library!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive, you had a productive month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 27 books- holy cow! That's a ton. I need to finish Allegiant one of these days too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen The Anatomists Wife around for a while. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!