Monday, June 18, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 18, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This has been a quiet week at my house. Duluth has been pretty busy gearing up for Grandma's Marathon which attracts thousands of visitors each year. Friday was really nasty weather with strong thunderstorms and there were also thunderstorms forecast for the race time too. Fortunately, there were no storms during the actual race. I don't think it even rained.

I've been keeping busy reading the many July releases on my review pile. I've also been able to get a couple of books off TBR mountain. Unfortunately, I enjoyed them and added to TBR mountain so that I have the complete series for Glimmerglass and The Agency.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Anatomist's Wife by Anna Lee Huber - Historical mystery that was a recent arrival on TBR mountain. My review will be posted on July 5.
  • Glimmerglass by Jenna Black - YA fantasy that has been on my Kindle since May 8, 2011. My review will be posted on July 4.
  • Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie - YA science fiction from my review stack. Review will be posted on July 6.
  • Shelved Under Murder by Victoria Gilbert - Cozy mystery from my review stack. My review will be posted on July 7.
  • The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee - YA historical mystery that has been on my Kindle since Sept. 16, 2012. My review will be posted on July 9.
  • Lovers and Ladies by Jo Beverly - Two Regency romances that have been on TBR mountain since at least May 8, 2008. My review will be posted on July 11,
Currently
When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn - YA from my review stack. Publication date is July 17.

Next Week

These are all July releases from my review stack.
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
New Review
What was your week like?



13 comments:

  1. Yay for tackling your TBR -- I keep thinking I'm going to have some magical free time, but it never appears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see several titles that I either have on lists or on my shelves waiting to be read. I probably ought to tackle my TBR as well.

    Happy Reading! And keep up the great work! (if you can call reading work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I enjoyed the Glimmerlgass trilogy! it was a lot of fun!! Also enjoyed Kill the Farm Boy! Hope you enjoy all the lovely reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great collection of books, especially the cozies. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelved Under Murder looks really good. I also picked up Six Cats A Slayin' on NetGalley. I'm looking forward to that one. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling...read one off the TBR and add a few more to replace it with because it's book one in a series! Have a great week Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had some storms too this past week, luckily they weren't TOO bad other than one particularly energetic storm! Contagion looks good, and so do the Huber novels. I love that cover of A Scandal in Scarlet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great books again this week. I've seen If Life Gives You Demons somewhere else recently too. The Grandma's Marathon sounds like fun. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are having the awful weather here now. We had 12" of rain today. The flooding was terrible, and we are supposed to have another day of rain. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so late to this meme that the week is half gone. Enjoy your reads and the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL that's the way it goes. Never ending battle of a bookworm :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for both working on future releases to stay current and then also working on the TBR pile to make it less of a mountain! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!