Thursday, August 31, 2023

Audiobook Review: Dead in Dublin by Catie Murphy

Dead in Dublin

Author:
Catie Murphy
Narrator: Lucy Rayner
Series: Dublin Drivers Mystery (Book 1)
Publication: Tantor Audio (December 31, 2019)
Length: 8 hours and 18 minutes

Description: In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, murder occurs at the feet of sweet Molly Malone....

Ferrying tourists around Dublin for the Leprechaun Limo Service makes quite a change after years in the military. Still, Megan Malone is enjoying her life in Ireland. She likes the scenery, the easy pace, the quirky, quick-witted locals. Everything - except having one of her clients drop dead at the statue of fabled fishmonger, Molly Malone.

Most restaurant critics notch up their share of enemies. Elizabeth Darr, however, was a well-loved international star. She and her husband, Simon, had just had dinner when Elizabeth collapsed, and spoiled seafood is the first suspect. The restaurant's owner, worried her business is doomed, begs Megan to look into it. Between her irate boss and a handsome Garda who's both amused and annoyed by her persistence, Megan has her hands full even before she's cajoled into taking care of two adorable Jack Russell puppies (which she is almost definitely not keeping). But if cockles and mussels aren't to blame, can Megan find the real culprit...before another fishy death occurs?

My Thoughts: American military vet Megan Malone works for a limousine service in Dublin. When one of her clients drops dead in front of her, Megan becomes involved in investigating the death. Her curiosity and the fact that her friend's restaurant might be blamed for the death encourages her interest.

A second death is connected to the restaurant when the joint owner and investor in the business is found dead inside the restaurant. Also inside the restaurant kitchen is a mama dog and her two newborn puppies which Megan agrees to take home only until a place opens for them in a shelter since her boss and landlady is very much opposed to dogs.

I enjoyed this audiobook once I got used to the Irish accents. Luckily, I also own the Kindle copy and could read along until my ear adjusted. The narrator did a great job with all the characters and accents.

I liked Megan and the other supporting characters in this series starter. I thought that there was enough suspense for a cozy mystery and liked the fast pace.

I bought the Kindle and added on the audiobook. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!