Monday, August 28, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 28, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This past week was generally cool and cloudy. As I'm writing this Sunday noon, the temperature is 60F. Most days have been in the high 50s and low 60s. I'm hoping this is only a back-to-school blip and warm temperatures will be returning soon. Though I know fall is coming by the noticeably shorter daylight hours, I hate the end of summer. I love the heat and the long bright days. 

I did have a good reading week completing two review books, one from my TBR mountain, and three audiobooks. These audiobooks have been longer than the ones I have been reading since I'm trying to listen to the whole Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters and finish up the Ruth Galloway series by Elly Griffiths. I've listened for well over 35 hours and still have a couple of hours to go on the final Ruth Galloway. I need to shift focus to my review books since I still have some September titles to complete and a dozen or so October releases on my stack. 

This coming week will be a quiet one. I don't have any appointments that will get me out of the house. I have plenty of baseball to watch and books to read. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Have Yourself a Deadly Little Christmas by Vicki Delany (Review; September 19) -- The sixth in the Year-Round Christmas series takes place in December and centers around the local production of A Christmas Carol. My review will be posted by September 13.
  • The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters (Mine; Audible Plus) -- This Amelia Peabody adventure takes place in England and centers around a mummy in the British Museum and includes aristocrats and young lovers. My review will be posted on October 3.
  • Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman (Review; September 19) -- A ball turns into a locked room mystery when a snowstorm strands Lily and others including a murderer. My review will be posted on September 14.
  • New Tricks by David Rosenfelt (Mine) -- Seventh book in the Andy Carpenter series. A pro bono case to resolve the fate of a Bernese puppy leads to murder and a new client. My review will be posted on September 19.
  • The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters (Mine; Audible Plus) -- Peters take on an H. Rider Haggard story has Amelia, Emerson, and Ramses on an expedition to find a lost explorer and his wife. My review will be posted on October 10.
  • The Locked Room by Elly Griffiths (Mine; Audiobook) -- The fourteenth Ruth Galloway mystery coincides with the start of Covid-19. My review will be posted October 12.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. Great selection of Books. Looks kike i will be adding to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for Fall and cooler temps but definitely not pushing winter yet. I am a football fan so I am in all my glory this time of year. Oh, and pumpkin spice everything! Bring it on. The cover of New Tricks is so adorable. I read the first in that series and am now drastically behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not liking how the days are getting shorter either. The Peabody story taking on H Rider Haggard sounds like something I'd like, and nice to see Tasha Alexander still putting out LAdy Emily mysteries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you get some more warmer weather. However as you lose light we are gaining it and our mornings/evenings are lighter these days. Sounds like a good week of sport and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books on your list. I have to go through my books and put together my September books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold is not fun, so hopefully it warms up! Sounds like a good week and I hope next week goes well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly your weather sounds positively delightful! We just ended a week of triple digit temps, I am ready for fall!

    Those are all new to me reads! I hope you enjoy them all this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been hot and humid here. I'm ready for fall. Sounds like you've gotten some great books read. I'll need to start Murder at Midnight soon. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many tempting titles. Enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get some warmer weather. I am hoping for cooler temps for me though. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We rarely get cool weather before the end of October. Come visit along the Gulf Coast of Texas if you'd like a prolonged summer!

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 50's and 60's??? In August? Wow, it was almost 90 here. I hate the high heat & humidity of summer and am looking forward to cool fall days :) Looks like a fabulous variety of books for you, as usual - enjoy them! Hope it warms up for you -
    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!