Monday, August 7, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 7, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice birthday week. I went out to eat and watched a lot of baseball. 

I also spent a lot of time working on my blog. I caught up on posting my reviews on Amazon. I also set up my posts for September since the books I'm reading now will appear on my blog in September. I also finished my State of the Stack post about my review books.

I have company visiting for a few days this week. I haven't seen this friend for quite a while and I'm sure we will have a lot to catch up on. I hope we have good weather for her visit. However, I think she'll appreciate it if it is cooler than it has been at her house in southern Minnesota. 

July Reading Report

I read 27 books in July including 10 books from my Review stack. I read twelve of my own books including 4 rereads. I listened to 15 audiobooks. The total pages read were 12,487 and 121 hours of listening.

I added 59 books to my collection in July. I got 8 review books and 12 audiobooks. I took advantage of 9 Kindle Daily Deals, 9 BookBub deals, and 7 Chirp deals. I used 1 Audible credit, added two from Audible Plus, and got 1 Audible Add-on. Fifty-one of my new books are still unread including 7 of my new Review copies. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Dragon Ship by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook; Reread)
  • All the Dead Shall Weep by Charlaine Harris (Review; September 5) -- Latest in the Gunnie Rose historical fantasy series. Enjoyable story with great worldbuilding. My review will be posted on August 29.
  • In Her Sights by Katie Ruggle (Mine) -- First in a contemporary romantic suspense series. Engaging characters and a fast-paced plot. My review will be posted on August 26.
  • Malibu Burning by Lee Goldberg (Review; September 1) -- Start of a new series starring two arson investigators in LA. Lots of excitement and lots of interesting characters. My review will be posted on August 29.
  • Dead in Dublin by Catie Murphy (Mine; Audiobook) -- This mystery stars a retired Army medic who is now driving limos in Dublin and investigates when one of her clients drops dead in front of her. My review will be posted on August 21.
  • Enola Holmes and the Mark of the Mongoose by Nancy Springer (Review; September 5) -- Newest in the Enola Holmes series had her interacting with Rudyard Kipling and searching London for a man bitten by a rabid dog. My review will be posted on August 30.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

15 comments:

  1. So many books here I'd like to check out. I can't wait to read Hemlock Island as I love that author and I'm curious about The Blond Identity too. I read the first Gunnie Rose book and thought it was so good but never picked up anymore and now I need to start over. Maybe that can be a project for next year. Hope you and your friend have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great July. Malibu Burning looks really good. I like that it's a new series. I hope you have a fun visit with your friend and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I am glad you had a great birthday week and hope your visit with your friend is going well! I really like the Gunnie Rose series and am looking forward to reading All the Dead Shall Weep. Chapter and Curse is on my TBR pile. I hope you enjoyed it!

    Have a great week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great visit! I like to have baseball on sometimes even though I don't really follow the game much. It's so relaxing.

    All the Dead sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a nice birthday week. Hope you enjoy your company. Glad to see the Christmas titles coming out. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently learned about Enola Holmes. It's on my TBR list. Enjoy the time spent with your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice! I am so behind on Harris' books! I'm not sure I'll ever get caught up!

    Hope you enjoy your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot all about Ally Carter! Malibu Burning looks good to me. It seems you found a deal on some other Lee Goldberg titles, too!
    Enjoy your visiting! I miss having time to work on my blog. I need to get off of Facebook!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great birthday. Enjoy your reading and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late Happy Birthday, I'm glad the week was good! And I hope the weather is good for your friend's visit! Sounds like some pretty decent reading stats for July. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday to you! I had to laugh at adding twice as many books as you reviewed. Sounds familiar!
    Enjoy your friend visiting and Happy Reading! MarthaE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday! I hope you have a nice visit with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your visit with your friend! I hope you get to enjoy some cool weather. We have an "almost fall" forecast coming and I am super excited.

    Chapter and Curse looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a great birthday, and I know you will have fun with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! I can't believe Christmas review books area already coming out. Have a great visit with your friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!