Monday, September 11, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 11, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

After a gray and gloomy week, the sun has finally come out this morning. We got more rain on September 5 than we got in all of August. With 2.77 inches of rain that day and the .24 inches we got on September 9 we are just .04 inches short of what we got all of July and August. I'm also starting to see some Fall color on the leaves as I look out my window this morning. 

I had a pretty good reading week and am making progress on my review books with October releases. I have lowered that stack from 15 books to six. They are on the stack to be read this week. 

I have an appointment free week this week after last week's dentist appointment and flu shot and Covid booster. The RSV vaccine won't be available from my provider until mid-October, but I want to get that one too. Next week I have another dentist's appointment to fill a couple of cavities. 

This week I plan to read and watch Atlanta Braves baseball. The football season begins today but the Vikings game is the same time as the Braves game. I haven't decided which I'll watch yet. I may watch the Vikings and then watch the Braves game which I can watch anytime with MLB.TV.

My brother and I have been talking about what to eat this week and it looks like leftovers win in the early part of the week. Today will be Reuben sandwiches to use up some Marble Rye bread before it goes too stale. Tomorrow will be leftover casserole from earlier this past week. After that, who knows?

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Written in Red by Anne Bishop (Mine; Audiobook) -- I always enjoy revisiting the world of The Others. I still love this story after uncountable rereads. 
  • A Cold Highland Wind by Tasha Alexander (Review; October 3) -- The 17th Lady Emily historical mystery takes place in Scotland while Lady Emily and her family are visiting a family friend. My review will be posted on September 28.
  • 'Twas the Bite Before Christmas by David Rosenfelt (Review; October 10) -- The 28th Andy Carpenter mystery was filled with the usual snark and mystery. My review will be posted on October 4.
  • A Traitor in Whitehall by Julia Kelly (Review; October 3) -- Engaging historical fiction that begins a new series. Great WWII setting and interesting characters. My review will be posted on September 30.
  • Rumor of Evil by Gary Braver (Review; October 10) -- Contemporary mystery with flashbacks to an earlier mystery. Interesting main character who is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts after the death of his daughter and break-up of his marriage. My review will be posted on October 3.
  • Payback in Death by J. D. Robb (Mine) -- This latest In Death novel had an interesting plot, engaging characters, romance and humor. My review will be posted on October 7.
  • Let It Crow! Let It Crow! Let It Crow! by Donna Andrews (Review; October 10) -- Latest episode in the Meg Langslow mysteries set at Ragnar's "castle" a few days before Christmas. My review will be posted on October 5.
  • Second Term by J. M. Adams (Review; October 17) -- Near future thriller packed with action and with a great main character. My review will be posted on October 10.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
None
Bought:
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. 13 to 6! That's great progress. I managed to finish 2 books this weekend. Well, not really. I am doing a buddy read of It by Stephen King with Stormi and we are doing it over 2 months so I finished my designated pages for this week so I'm counting that as a win! I used to follow the Vikings a lot when they had Randy Moss as he was at Marshall when I attended. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve made great progress on your review books, I’m a few behind right now.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some tempting titles, and an appointment-free week is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves on our trees haven't yet started changing, but that's not unusual for this time of year here. I am grateful for the little rain we've gotten though--a nice break from the heat--even if the heat doesn't stay away long. Written in Red is one of my favorite books. I need to reread it! I am glad you had a good reading week. I hope you have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a football fan, but I do love baseball. This year my team let me down, but I keep watching to the end of the season. Good luck to the Braves! Your books all look so good. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you have some nice weather coming up. It's been too wet this year.

    Looks like you've made great progress on your review books. I saw so many on your list I would like to read.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, sounds like lots of health appointments! Hopefully they go well! And yeah, looks like a good reading week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been raining here all day. And I love a good loaf of rye bread! We just got one so it's sandwiches here for a while lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leftovers are my favourite thing to eat. I was hoping we would get at least three meals from our curry feast, but after two meals, my husband insisted we freeze it for later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your week goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Second Term looks good! We're having torrential rains and flash floods in Massachusetts today/tonight after a few days of an awful heat wave. Went to an outdoor concert with my mom yesterday that ended up getting rained out, with thunderstorms blowing in out of nowhere just an hour before the concert was to start. We had a lot of rain in July, too, with several events rained out. Good reading weather, though, as long as you have air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lot of rain! The trees around here are starting to change too. I'm very excited for it. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I plan to get my shots as soon as I get home from Italy. Good for you in getting yours!

    We could sure use some rain at home. In summer it generally rains every afternoon but July and August were completely dry.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!