Monday, September 4, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 4, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Happy Labor Day weekend to those who celebrate! Our cold snap ended and today it is 25 degrees warmer than it was at this same time last Sunday. It is currently 87 degrees and humid. We are expecting a high in the 90s and a heat advisory has been declared. I don't plan to leave my centrally airconditioned house until the excessive heat abates. 

I did a lot of blog things this past week. Besides reading seven books including two audiobooks, I set up the posts that will appear on my blog in October. I also prepared my monthly State of the Stack post in which I keep track of my review books. That post reminded me that I have 15 review books releasing in October. I caught up on posting reviews to Amazon. 

I also did my normal end of the month stuff and totaled up the month on my reading spreadsheet. I read 32 books in August including fifteen audiobooks. That was 10,973 pages and 158.28 hours of listening. Eighteen of the books were mine including 7 rereads. I also read 14 review books. 

Through the end of August, I have read 294 books including 92 audiobooks. I went over 100,000 pages read and am nearing 1000 hours of listening. I have read 96 review books so far this year. I have also read 198 of my own books which includes 56 from my TBR pile (books that I've had for more than a year) and 79 rereads which are mostly audiobooks. 

I added 56 books to my LibraryThing account including 12 review books. Currently 43 of the new additions are still TBR. Seven of the new additions were Kindle replacements for books I've already read in print. Nine of my new books came via the BookBub newsletter and 8 were Kindle Daily Deals. 

I added 18 audiobooks to my collection including 8 from Audible Plus, one Audible Daily Deal, and one via an Audible Credit. Four of this month's new audiobooks came via the Chirp newsletter. 

This coming week will finally see me visiting the dentist. I had to postpone a couple previous appointments because I was coughing. With the cough finally under control, I can go have my teeth cleaned again. This is not an eagerly anticipated appointment and I'll be glad to check it off my list for another six months. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Last Remains by Elly Griffiths (Mine; Audiobook) -- the finale of the Ruth Galloway series was an excellent conclusion to the series. My review will be posted on October 19.
  • Redemption by Debora J. Ledford (Review; Amazon First; September 1) -- This debut mystery stars a Native American woman who is a sheriff's deputy in New Mexico. I enjoyed the characters and thought the mystery was okay. Since we knew the villain who is one of the viewpoint characters, the suspense came from hoping the heroine found the potential victims before the villain managed to kill them. My review will be posted on September 14.
  • Unleashed Holiday by Victoria Schade (Review; September 26) -- This was a cute contemporary romance with the enemies-to-lovers trope and lots of cute dogs. My review will be posted on September 20.
  • The Snake, the Crocodile, and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters (Audible Plus) -- This is the seventh in the Amelia Peabody series which I am rereading via audiobook. My review will be posted on October 17.
  • Case of the Bleus by Korina Moss (Review; September 26) -- This is the 4th in a series where the amateur sleuth owns a cheese shop and is really devoted to cheese. There are recipes too. My review will be posted on September 21.
  • Overdue or Die by Allison Brook (Review; October 3) -- The new addition to the Haunted Library series has Carrie overseeing the opening of the new library wing and searching for a venue for her upcoming wedding as Christmas draws near. There are also three murders for her to solve. My review will be posted on September 26.
  • Caught on the Book by Laura Gail Black (Review; October 3) -- Jenna is investigating the murder of an author at the annual fishing contest. Her boyfriend's ex-partner is accused of the crime. That same partner has made Jenna's life miserable since she moved to town. My review will be posted on September 27.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
None
Bought:
What was your week like?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nicely done! Some new to me ones here! Hope you enjoy your re-read of Written in Red!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the cozies you have listed. Boy you sure have been busy reading, Kathy. That is awesome, 294 books, wow! Have a wonderful day ☕πŸ“šπŸπŸ‚πŸŒžπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read more Gilman. You've read so much this year. I'm definitely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great with your reading. So many great books on your list to read, too. Good luck at the dentist. I always like crossing things off my to-do list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying having the day off today! And sounds like a decent reading month, and great stats for the year thus far! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've been busy. Congratulations on all you accomplished. It's in the high 80s here, so I'm hunkering down at home too. Unleashed Holiday, A Cold Highland Wind, and A Home At Night all caught my eye this week. Hope you enjoy your books. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reading always amazes me, that is a huge number of books read and listened to. Hope you enjoy your Labour day. We have ours at the end of October. Wow that is some hot temps. I don't have air conditioning but I can see if temps continue to go up in the world many NZers will be looking at getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been hot here too. We went tothe beach yesterday (Lake Mich) and it was steamy!

    Hope you had a nice LAbor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if my original comment went through, so let me try again. Glad your coughing eased up. I have my regular dental cleaning scheduled for next week and I'm not looking forward to it either. We are in the midst of a heat wave, but after Thursday it should cool down. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!