Monday, September 2, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 2, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Welcome to September! The summer really rushed by this year, but the nice weather is lingering. This was a busy blogging week as I set up my October calendar and prepared all the drafts. I also finished reading my September review books and began my fifteen October review books. 

I prepared my State of the Stack report which helps me keep track of review books. 

This week I plan to chip away at my October review books. I also want to try Amongst Our Weapons by Ben Aaronovich again. I was defeated by the strong accents when I tried the first time back in 2023 This time, I hope the following along with my Kindle copy will help me understand what the audiobook is saying. 

August Report

I read 31 books in August. Twenty of the books were mine; eleven were review copies. I listened to 13 audiobooks this month with a total of 172 hours. Seven of the books I read were from TBR mountain and another nine were rereads. 

I added 38 books to my LibraryThing account in August. Eleven were audiobooks and another eleven were review copies. Three of my new audiobooks were on sale at Chirp, one was an Audible Daily Deal, and four came from the Audible Plus catalog. Two of my new audiobooks were add-ons for $1.99 since I already had a Kindle copy of the book. I used one of my Audible credits too. 

Eight of my new Kindle books were either BookBub deals or Kindle Daily Deals. Twenty-eight of the new additions are still marked TBR raising the height of TBR mountain to 2510 books. 

Read Last Week
  • A Killer Clue by Victoria Gilbert (Review; September 24) -- The second Hunter and Crewe mystery has the unlikely duo investigating an old mystery and a new one. My review will be posted on September 18.
  • Ashes Never Lie by Lee Goldberg (Review; September 24) -- Second Sharpe & Walker thriller. The arson investigators team up with Ronin and Pavone when one of the fires uncovers a body. This was a fast-paced thriller filled with witty dialog and strong relationships among the partners. My review will be posted on September 19.
  • Death by Misadventure by Tasha Alexander (Review; September 24) -- Lady Emily and Colin Hargreaves find themselves at a house party in Bavaria where the hostess's boorish son-in-law seems to be experiencing dangerous pranks. But it is his wife who winds up dead. My review will be posted on September 21. 
  • Candle & Crow by Kevin Hearne (Review; October 1) -- This volume concludes the Ink & Sigil contemporary urban fantasy series. My review will be posted on September 24.
  • Murder at Blackwater Bend by Clara McKenna (Mine since July 25, 2023) -- This is the second Stella and Lyndy historical mystery set in England 1906. My review will be posted on October 1.
  • I'll Be Waiting by Kelley Armstrong (Review; October 1) -- This contemporary horror novel stars a grief-stricken widow who wants to reconnect with her husband via seances. My review will be posted on September 25.
  • Betrayal at Blackthorn Park by Julia Kelly (Review; October 1) -- Second Evelyne Redfern historical mystery set during World War II. My review will be posted on September 26.
  • Only Bad Options (Galactic Bonds, Book 1) by Jennifer Estep (Mine since March 10, 2023) -- This space opera/romance starts off a series. I enjoyed the adventure. My review will be posted on October 17.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • Only Good Enemies (Galactic Bonds, Book 2) by Jennifer Estep -- Since I already have the Kindle copy, I added the audiobook for $1.99.
  • Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds, Book 3) by Jennifer Estep -- Kindle copy
What was your week like?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I can't wait to read I'll Be Waiting! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an impressive month, as usual. I see several books I would like to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great reading month in August. Your upcoming books look so good. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great reading month Kathy! The More The Terrier cover is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of books I like. The historical vintage crime reads are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list this week, Kathy. Your level of reading is impressive. Hope you enjoy your reading week. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My week was traveling in Ireland, which was great, but this week I'll be home sick with Covid. :( Summer definitely went by too fast!
    I love the accents on the Ben Aaronovitch audiobooks, but they ARE strong! I think I've read Booked to Die by John Dunning. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Old Detectives Home. Hopefully not just a copycat of the Richard Osman books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list of books you've read or been reading and that's impressive to read that many books in a month! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!