Monday, September 16, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 16, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I didn't do much this week. I'm still getting over whatever crud has been keeping me feeling sub par. I did decide to listen to some audiobooks from my collection. I've been spending my time on Harmony listening to paranormal science fiction romances by Jayne Castle (a pseudonym for Jayne Ann Krentz). It has been fun revisiting these stories. 

I didn't finish my October review copies but am carrying them over to this week. I do have 34 scheduled posts so there isn't any pressure to get them read immediately. I did slip in The Book Swap by Tessa Bickers which I just got from NetGalley. It was released on September 3, but I didn't get it until September 10. My review will be posted later today. 

Also in my reading plans for the week are two books I bought right after I bought my first Kindle. Divine by Choice and Smash Cut have been lingering on my Kindles over the years since 2009.

My calendar is empty of appointments this week. I should have lots of time to read and listen. I'm still watching my Atlanta Braves and, right now, their playoff bid is in danger. Their season might end on September 29.

Read Last Week
  • Rockin' Around the Chickadee by Donna Andrews (Review; October 15) -- Another fun entry in the Meg Langslow mystery series. My review will be posted on October 10.
  • After Glow by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread) -- Harmony book 2
  • The Wrong Hostage by Elizabeth Lowell (Mine) -- Nail-biting suspense in this second St Kilda book. Great romance too. My review will be posted on October 12.
  • Sleep in Heavenly Pizza by Mindy Quigley (Review; October 22) -- Fourth Deep Dish mystery has Delilah trying to figure out who murdered a guest at a party she was catering. Many of her friends and relatives are suspects. My review will be posted on October 15.
  • Ghost Hunter by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread) -- Harmony book 3
  • The Book Swap by Tessa Bickers (Review; September 3) -- A nice romance wherein the characters exchange notes in books found in a little free library in which they open up their hearts to each other. Lots of triggers from grief to bullying in this one. My review will be posted later today.
  • Silver Master by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread) -- Harmony book 4
  • Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread) -- Harmony book 6
  • Dark Light by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread) -- Harmony book 5
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:

What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. Hope you like The Book Swap.
    I read the earlier Donna Andrews cozies and liked Marriage with Peacocks the best. A laugh out loud read for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your books look good. The Book Swap really looks like fun. I'll have to add that to my list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great line up! I just signed up for NetGalley and am hoping to get some great books soon. I'm kinda late to the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post makes me realize I don't know how the Red Sox are doing this year. (I haven't been hearing anything about them, so probably not that great!) I'm interested in The Vampire of King Street!
    So impressed with how many posts you have scheduled out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh very nice! All totally new to me ones but I hope you enjoy all your reads lined up for this week! Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. More than 30 posts scheduled...you are ahead of the game! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lot of reviews scheduled too Kathy. The Book Swap is on my TBR. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking books! Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Jayne Castle books sound good, I'll see if the library has any of them. Hope you have a good reading week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are trucking along with your book reading goals. Love seeing the seasonal titles come out. Sleep in Heavenly Pizza sounds cute. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better this week. The Wrong Hostage looks fascinating, but also too terrifying for me. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!