Thursday, September 2, 2010

August Monthly Report

Summer vacation is over, school has started, and my time for pleasure reading is shrinking. But before I get too involved in back-to-school activities, I want to report on what I read in August.

I added 41 books to my LibraryThing account in August. Eleven were YA books and 14 were books for my Kindle. I still have 33 of them left to read.

I read a total of 33 books this month. Seventeen of them were re-reads.

I re-read these 12 books from Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan series:

  • Shards of Honor
  • Barrayar
  • The Warrior's Apprentice
  • The Vor Game
  • Cetaganda
  • Brothers in Arms
  • Mirror Dance
  • Memory
  • Komarr
  • A Civil Campaign
  • Diplomatic Immunity 
  • Cryoburn

Toward the end of the month I began re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. So far I have read:


As time permits I hope to finish reading that series again. I started Definitely Dead and then laid it aside to begin Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

I talk about the six YA books I read on my Ms. Martin Teaches Media Blog.

Here are the other adult books I read:
As you can tell from the titles that I linked to reviews, I wasn't very good about reviewing my re-reads. And, you know, I can't promise that I will ever get to writing reviews about them. They were all great books to read and I really like reading the whole series without interruptions.

I am looking ahead to the new books on my TBR stack.

For the year so far, I have read 196 books. I was hoping to read 300 books this year and I still have an outside chance. Cross your finger for me!



1 comment:

  1. I read Burning Up also, the only one off your list. Happy September!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!