Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Burning Up anthology

Burning Up
Author: Angela Knight, Nalini Singh, Virginia Kantra, Meljean Brook
Publication: Berkley (August 3, 2010)


Description: Bring these four authors together and it's sure to ignite a spark... 

Angela Knight pairs a vampire warrior and his seductive captor in a battle against demonic predators. 

Nalini Singh returns to the world of her Psy-Changeling series as a woman in lethal danger finds an unlikely protector-and lover. 

Virginia Kantra continues the haunting tales of the Children of the Sea in her story of a wounded soldier rescued by an enigmatic young woman. 

Meljean Brook launches a bold new steampunk series about a woman who strikes a provocative-and terrifying-bargain for freedom.

My Thoughts: These were four very entertaining stories. I am a big fan of Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series and love stories about the Changelings the most. Emmett and Ria had a great romance. It was my favorite story. I also really liked Meljean Brook's steampunk romance and look forward to The Iron General in October. I had never read anything by Virginia Kantra before but will be looking for more books by her. I enjoyed the Angela Knight story but do prefer her contemporary books to this more fantasy offering. 


I recommend this book to anyone who wants a taste of some really great authors.


Favorite Quote: (from Whisper of Sin by Nalini Singh)
"How are you with chaos?" he asked.

"I love it." Her response was instinctive. "It gives me more to organize."

Lucas laughed. "What about constant interruptions, having to rejig meetings on a moment's notice, and a boss who might be impossible to track down at times?"

"If it needs to be done, I'll get it done," she said, meeting those brilliant green eyes. "But I'll be honest -- even though I probably shouldn't be. I'm likely to get a little short-tempered now and then."
Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge, Paranormal Reading Challenge


2 comments:

  1. Love your review of this one!! I can hardly wait to read this anthology!!! I love Nailini Singh, especially her Changeling series, its one of my favorite series to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I must confess the psy-changeling story made me put the series on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!