Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Memes: Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book this week is the first in a new series by Tate Hallaway. It is Almost to Die For (A Vampire Princess novel).
Twilight meets The Princess Diaries in the new series from the author of Honeymoon of the Dead

On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker learns that her so-called deadbeat dad is actually a vampire king. And he wants Ana to assume her rightful position at his side, in spite of the fact that she has witch's blood running through her veins-from her mother's side.

Too bad witches and vampires are mortal enemies. And now Ana's parents are at each other's throats over her future. It's up to Ana to make a choice, but deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school.
Book Beginning:
Guess what? Today was my sixteenth birthday. Pretty cool, huh? Sure, if my "cool" you mean worst day ever...and it was only noon.
Friday 56:
"Your father isn't one of us. He's from the other side. Our union--him and me--well, it was meant to be a peace treaty of sorts, but it was a mistake from the beginning."
I am eager to read this one. I like the Garnet Lacey books by Hallaway. I am hoping for the same style. It will also be nice to read a book about my part of the country.


3 comments:

  1. What a suck-you-in-teaser! That's a perfect line for Friday 56.

    Mine is Agatha Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I'll have to add that to my wishlist! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/08/friday-56changeling-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sentences!! It grabs you right away!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!