Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Dead As A Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

They say that when one door shuts, another door opens. But they haven't been living at my mouse.


Most of the doors I open seem to have something scary crouched behind them, anyway.
Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris is the fifth in the Sookie Stackhouse series. This episode is more concerned with the shapeshifters than the vampires. Jason has been bitten and is now turning into a were-panther at the full moon. A sniper is targeting shifters. There is also a struggle for pack leadership after Colonel Flood dies in a car accident. Alcide ropes Sookie in to read some minds.


I have decided to read the Sookie Stackhouse series again. I am enjoying this second read almost more than the first time because I am reading the whole series back-to-back-to-back which lets me see how the characters grow and change through the series. 


11 comments:

  1. Nice teaser. I myself am still stuck on Dead and Gone, but one of these days I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to reread old favorites, isn't it? I haven't read anything by Charlaine Harris yet, but I know she's really very popular right now. And that's a very intriguing teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my comment went through so writing another one. If you moderate comments, please delete if there is a duplicate.

    Thinking I would keep all those doors locked. Here is my TT.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that mouse, or house? :)

    Here is the teaser:
    e-Volving Books

    I also have an entirely new style for the blog - including a brand new, self-designed Header!
    And a new name!! Come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I LOVE these books. Hope you're enjoying it :)

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I can only imagine! This series is pretty popular, so they must be good books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going back and reading a series start to finish! I seem to do that every time a new Sookie book comes out :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say mouse is house....

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser_30.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!