Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am just getting ready to begin The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King. I enjoy this mystery series about the exploits of a retired Sherlock Holmes and his much younger wife Mary Russell. I got this book back in April and wanted to save it until I had time to devote to it. It got buried in the TBR stack and just resurfaced.
I felt as if someone fleeing Vesuvius with me had stopped to fret about the carpets. The obituary had buried any lesser consideration: To my mind, the Brothers case was in a box and temporarily closed away. Who would worry about a mere killer when the world was being engulfed?
This comes from page 150 and I have no idea what is going on. I need to start this book now to find out.


What is sitting next to you? 

16 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Hope you are enjoying this.

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, interesting. Here's my teaser. :)

    http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! Hope you're able to get to it soon! Thank you for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something dramatic must have happened! I'll have to add this series to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, indeed! Now I wanna know what's going on, too! Sounds like a great series - I'll have to give it a look. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, who would worry about a killer in that case? Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good teaser! Sounds like a good book, too.

    I have two teasers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting and Holmes never disappoints so the book should be a cool read, enjoy!

    I did not do a post but my teaser is from Kat Richardson’s “Greywalker series book #2-Poltergeist” page 207 sentence #5 & 6..

    I needed a closer look at Celia. In the confusion, I bolted toward the observation room door as the board full of Christmas lights in the seance room exploded, raining colored glass and sparks over Ana, Cara and Wayne.

    jackie b @ Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. That books sounds very interesting! I haven't read much about Holmes recently, but I do like mystery.

    My teaser is from Under a War-Torn Sky by L.M. Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm bewildered. Who indeed? Haha Interesting... And engulfed in what, exactly? Water? Shoes? Little Hello Kitty erasers?

    Thanks for visiting our blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. A retired Sherlock Holmes? I might have to take a look at it since I've read the Complete Sherlock Holmes! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today! Here's mine: http://beltwayliterature.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/teaser-tuesday-dracula/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a recent T.T. and I thought you'd like to hear from me.
    This teaser has a similar feel to a lot I've read today - ominous! Sounds quite bold as well. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!