Sunday, August 15, 2010

In My Mailbox (August 15, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
This week I added two books to my Kindle and one to my TBR stack. 

Whirlpool by Vivian Arend is book 2 in the Forces of Nature series. I recently added book 1 to my Kindle also. I enjoyed her Granite Lake Wolves series and thought I would also like these.

Veil of Night by Linda Howard was my physical book this week. It sounds like an interesting book of romantic suspense. I have read many books by Howard and enjoyed them. 

The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs was also added to my Kindle. This is a blogger recommendation. I have been seeing rave reviews for this book for quite a while and finally decided to spend the $10 to get it on my Kindle.

I also added on YA book to my TBR stack. I have been seeing lots of interesting reviews for Titus and Atreus by Meridi Myers. I had been less than intrigued because neither the cover nor the title really grabbed me. However, one review I read this week tipped me over the edge. I decided to add the book to my massive TBR stack.

That was my mailbox this week. I need a few more small weeks to try to at least feel like I am making some progress on my TBR stack. I have a couple of books that I bought from Amazon Marketplace working their way to me through the depths of the US Postal Service but nothing else is scheduled to arrive until Mockingjay in 9 days.

What was in your mailbox?



10 comments:

  1. The Titus and Arteus cover just doesn't do it for me either, I look forward to your review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mailbox this week! Happy reading....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome week though, it's Elizabeth Issacs - LOL my fav book I cant wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! Whirlpool sounds like a great book. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    Diana ♥ Book of Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox! I have seen Whrilpool, cant wait to see what you think about it. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read anything from Vivian Arend...but I would like to. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy reading. Check out my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome book week. I am so excited to see you have Light of Asteria- I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see what you think! Here’s my IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard a lot about titus and atreus. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll love The Light of Asteria! Eloquent, sophisticated use of language, great, mysterious, interesting, action-packed & thought-provoking... I gave it 5/5. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!