Sunday, August 1, 2010

Review: Fire Lord's Lover by Kathryne Kennedy

Fire Lord's Lover
Author: Kathryne Kennedy
Publication: Sourcebooks Casablanca (July 6, 2010)


Description: If his powers are discovered, his father will destroy him...


In a magical land ruled by ruthless Elven lords, the Fire Lord's son Dominic Raikes plays a deadly game to conceal his growing might from his malevolent father-until his arranged bride awakens in him passions he thought he had buried forever...


Unless his fiancée kills him first...


Lady Cassandra has been raised in outward purity and innocence, while secretly being trained as an assassin. Her mission is to bring down the Elven Lord and his champion son. But when she gets to court she discovers that nothing is what it seems, least of all the man she married...


Then Dominic and Cassandra together uncover an unspeakable evil, one that threatens the destruction of the magical realm they would give their souls to save...


My Thoughts: This was an entertaining and readable fantasy romance. I liked that Dominic had learned to hide his human heart from his father. I disliked the consequences as his indifference hurt his new wife. I liked that Cassandra was determined to both love her husband and kill his father. I liked how her emotions caused him to relearn his own. I thought the villain was extremely evil. 


I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy and historical fiction.


Challenges: Paranormal Reading Challenge, RYOB Reading Challenge, E-Book Reading Challenge




4 comments:

  1. I love fantasy and this book also includes romance. Very intriguing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll give this one a try. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to add this one to my list. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your review! I enjoyed the sample chapter up on the author's site and look forward to reading this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!