Sunday, September 11, 2011

In My Mailbox (September 11, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a week of sequels. Every book I got this week was part of a series.
Pirate King by Laurie R. King is the latest in the Mary Russell-Sherlock Holmes series. I have enjoyed this historical mysteries and have high hopes for this one too.

Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh didn't even hit the TBR mountain before I began to read it. I love this series and have always been fascinated with Dmitri. It is time he has a romance of his own. Thus far it has all the tension and sizzling heat that I have come to expect from this author.
Blood Spirits by Sherwood Smith follows Coronets and Steel. I liked the first book which I would describe as a contemporary fantasy and am eager to read this one too.

I finally got a copy of The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth. I have been waiting for a reasonably priced copy to become available in Amazon Marketplace. This week it finally did. I began reading this one at work on Friday as soon as it arrived. So far, I am enjoying it. 

I also added a couple of books from NetGalley to my review stack this week. Both of them will be published on Nov. 15.
Tricks of the Trade by Laura Anne Gilman is the third in the Bonnie Torres series. I have been enjoying the characters in this series and want to know what is happening next.

Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh is also part of a series. But this is a series written by different authors. I have not read the rest and chose this one completely because it was by Nalini Singh. It is the last of the series. Hopefully, I won't be too lost. 

That was my mailbox. What did you get in yours?

8 comments:

  1. You got some great ones there. I only got one book this week but it was an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I got Archangel's Blade too!! Great IMM!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started Nalini Singh's Psy-Changling series (I'm loving it!) and I plan to start her Guild Hunter series as soon as I'm done.

    I also got Lord of the Abyss this week. I started the second book in the series yesterday and so far I'm liking it.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pirate books :) Great mailbox! I hope you enjoy all you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Guild Hunter books! I'm sure I will read this soon, but what I really want is Illium's book!

    Here's my IMM: Goldilox and the Three Weres IMM

    Goldilox :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!