Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My Mailbox (September 4, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

It looks like my small, quiet mailboxes are a thing of the past. I got quite a few new books this week. Most of them were print books, too!
Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue by Stephanie Laurens is a new Cynster novel. I love these historical romances.

Canyons of Night by Jayne Castle is the conclusion of the Looking Glass Trilogy and takes place on the futuristic world of Harmony. These are also fun romances.
One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost is the newest Cat & Bones novel.

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent is her start to a new urban fantasy series. 
Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis starts a new contemporary series. I like both the humor and the romance of Shalvis' books.

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead is the conclusion of the series, I think. I have been following along and am eager to read how the series ends. 
I received Mercury Rises by Robert Kroese for review. I don't know much about it but the cover looks intriguing to me. 


I was browsing the shelves at Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore while I was at a signing recently and saw a book by Diane Duane that I hadn't heard of. I had to buy Omnitopia Dawn when I read that it was about game worlds. I have recently read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline which has a similar theme and I am eager to compare the two.

I did take advantage of a Kindle special this week and bought a Jill Shalvis bundle. I got Shadow Hawk and Room Service. I don't usually read the Blaze line and missed these.

That was my mailbox this week. What did you get?

6 comments:

  1. I got One Grave at a Time and Succubus Revealed as well! I got way too many books this week and I want to read them all right away but it's gonna take time.

    Happy Reading! Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some nice choices this week - I especially love the first 4!

    Bibrary Book Lust IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone picked up One Grave At A Time this week. It was pretty good and I like the inside picture of Cat & Bones.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great books! Now you have the hard job of deciding what to read first ;)

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love historical romances too. The cover of Mercury Rises does look intriguing. Check out what I bought this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want Blood Bound! Let me know what you think of it

    Be sure to enter my 500 follower giveaway :)

    My IMM- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!