Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Sept. 19, 2011)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This was our first full week of school and I am gradually getting back into the school routine. I did manage to get some reading done.

Here is what I finished:
I finished The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. This was a review book from NetGalley. It was a fantasy with an engaging main character. I enjoyed it. My review is here

The Last Dragon by Jane Yolen and Rebecca Guay is a lovely graphic fantasy novel. The illustrations (which I saw on my computer screen as I read the eARC) are gorgeous. I can't wait to buy a finished copy to have that art for myself. My review is here.
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs was a review book that I got through the Amazon Vine program. This is a contemporary fantasy with the main characters being the descendants of Medusa. I liked this one and can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy. In fact, I need to because this one left so many questions still to be answered. My review will be posted on Sept. 22.

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis was a book I purchased. I have become a big fan of Jill Shalvis's contemporary romances and this one was very good too. I love the banter between the characters. My review is here.

I am currently reading New York to Dallas by J. D. Robb. I bought this one because I am a huge fan of the series. I have to know what is happening with Eve Dallas, her husband (and all-around sex god) Roarke, and their friends.

Next week I am back to review books. These are on my stack and need to be read in September.
Lassiter by Paul Levine is an adult mystery/thriller. It was sent to me by the author and publisher. This one came out on Sept. 13 but I just got it this week. The main character is a "second-string linebacker turned low-rent lawyer."

Blood: Book One of the Mercian Trilogy by K. J. Wignall is on my Kindle from NetGalley. This one is coming out on Sept. 27 from EgmontUSA. It is the first in a new trilogy about a vampire named Will who is perpetually sixteen.
The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson is the third book in her Marina's Tale series. I liked the first two and said "yes" when the author offered me the third. This one is available at Smashwords now.

Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett will be published Sept. 20. I got it as part of the Amazon Vine program. It is a historical fantasy based on the Minotaur myth.

If I get these done, I have tons of others on my TBR mountain calling my name.

Also in the plans for next week is a road trip to Minneapolis on Saturday to see Scott Westerfeld. I can't wait to see him and get some of his books autographed. Leviathan and Behemoth have been sitting on my TBR stack for quite a while. Westerfeld is touring his newest book in the series - Goliath - and I hope to get that one at the signing.

What are your plans?

7 comments:

  1. i'm reading the 9th pretty little liars book!

    stop by my blog! i have some original stock photos i found that were made into book covers!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really interested in the Girl of Fire and Thorns! Glad to see you liked it Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns looks very promising. I'm looking forward to reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading The Girl of Fire and Thorns and Sweet Venom! Blood looks promising to. Can't wait to read these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued by the Tera Lynn Childs - I read her mermaid YA novel and wasn't over the moon... maybe Sweet Venom is better!

    Also glad to hear you liked Girl of Fire and Thorns - I'll be checking out your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your trip. I'm reading three picture books a night with my children. That's making my list seem really long. I also got some longer books finished too. Please come see what I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the first two books of the Scott Westerfeld series and may by Goliath in hardcover even though I never do that. I'll probably wait for the J.D. Robb for paperback, but I'll see how you like it first!
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!