Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Lassiter by Paul Levine

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am just starting Lassiter by Paul Levine. I was pitched this book by the author and recently received it from the publisher. It is apparently a return to publishing for this author and this series after the backlist titles became hits as ebooks. The last print book in this series came out in 1997. The pitch letter compares it to the Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald. Since I am a huge fan of that series, I am very eager to try this one.

Teaser:
I get my hands dirty for my clients. I fight prosecutors in court and occasionally in the alley behind the Reasonable Doubt tavern, I stand up to judges who threaten me with contempt and to Bar Association big wigs who would love to pull my ticket. But I won't tote my briefcase across the street for a client who deceives me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure about this one... it doesn't sound like my style. Just not enough fun.

    My teaser this week is from ‘The Strange Case of Finley Jayne’ by Kady Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful teaser! This person seems to have their sh*t together! ;)

    Here's my teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks interesting. I will have to check these out. My teaser: Mom Reads My Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp what is this a lawyer with hints of integrity no wonder it's fiction. lol great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received this one as well - I like the teaser, makes me want to pull it out and start reading it now. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I love the lawyer with integrity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough lawyer. The teaser draws interest in knowing more about him and what case he is on.
    http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you like it. The character sounds very tough. Great teaser.

    Here's my TT.  You know you wanna read it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!