Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Memes: Foolish Games by Tracy Solheim

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Foolish Games by Tracy Solheim. I first saw this book on Penguin's First To Read website. I wasn't chosen to be an early reader but I bought it as soon as I could. I am a sucker for sports romances and this one sounded really good.
Here is the description:
This Hail Mary play for the heart is the latest sports romance in the sizzling Out of Bounds series. 

Bridal gown designer Julianne Marchione knows better than to lose her head at a client’s wedding. But, much to her embarrassment, a mix of migraine medication and a smoking hot football player lead to a steamy one night stand resulting in a surprise pregnancy. Julianne has every intention of leaving her NFL hookup far in the past until her son, Owen, is born with a life-threatening blood disorder that requires a transfusion—and Julianne is not a match.

Will “William the Conqueror” Connelly grew up tough, shouldering the stigma of being a bastard child born on the wrong side of the tracks. He refuses to let any child face the same discrimination. When he finds out about Owen, he’s furious that Julianne kept his son a secret. But when he sees her again at the hospital, he realizes that his feelings for her go far beyond anger.

Will insists that Owen recuperate at his home in North Carolina, and he’s adamant that Julianne become his wife—even if it’s only a temporary marriage in name only. But will their simmering attraction ever lead to a real connection?  Or are they just playing foolish games?
Beginning:
Paternity.

The word reverberated inside Will Connelly's head, pummeling his temples until they began to throb. 
Friday 56:
"Julianne will always be a part of Owen's life," he said. "We all need to try to get along, for his sake. Beyond that, she isn't a part of this family."

"In a few minutes, she will be."

"That's just a legal technicality, Mom."

6 comments:

  1. I can take my eyes off the cover... seriously I scrolled up while typing this... lol

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Matt Damon's head photoshopped onto a body builder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! He looks like Matt.
    Great pick for the Friday 56
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for spotlighting my book, Kathy! The cover model is actually Jed Hill and he does look a lot like Matt Damon on this cover doesn't he! He's featured on all three Out of Bounds books and the novella.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!