Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 14, 2014)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I did successfully make it to my conference this year. Last year's snowstorm that stranded me in Duluth would be only a memory except here is what Duluth looked like Friday morning this year. That is my friend Bev acting as a point of reference. She is about 5' 5". My brother tells me that the snow is down a couple of feet since it was at its highest and you can see bare grass where the snow wasn't drifted. However, both the front and back yards have very substantial drifts. Backing out of the driveway was a little tricky because the height of the ridges on each side didn't allow me to see if there was any traffic on the streets.
April 11, 2014 Duluth, Minnesota
Luckily, all we got was a few big puffy flakes on Saturday morning that had stopped before we started our drive back home.

Spotlight on Books was fun! The traveling weather was great. The authors were engaging and informative. The food was excellent (but served way too often!). I bought too many books to donate to my media centers. I didn't have much time to read though.

This coming week is a little quieter. I am traveling to The Red Balloon Thursday evening for an author signing with Deb Caletti. We have most of her books in our media center but I haven't read any. I look forward to buying her most recent to add to our collection.

We do have next Friday off for Easter. I hope to get some extra reading time then because I am not traveling this year.

Read Last Week
The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa was an excellent ending to her latest trilogy. I like her interpretation of a vampire story. My review is linked below.

The Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynne Jones and Ursula Jones was a nice middle grade fantasy. My review will be posted on April 17.

Currently
I am reading The Hunt by Stacey Kade which is the second book in the Project Paper Doll trilogy. I like the main character who is an alien-human hybrid. This book will be released on April 22.

Next Week

Here are the next books on my review stack.
The Taking by Kimberly Derting (April 29)
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton (May 6)
Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne (May 6)
The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clark (May 6)
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (May 6)
Nick and Tesla's Secret Agent Gadget Battle by Bob Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith (May 6)
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (July 8 but an Amazon Vine book)

Reviews Posted


That was my week. What do you have planned for yours?

14 comments:

  1. Great mix of books, Royally Lost cover makes me smile everytime.

    I am happy I do not have snow but enjoy visiting. This year was brutal to you guys, goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting mix. Royally Lost looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow on the snow. Enjoy your books. I don't know these titles.

    Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the snow. I am glad we (finally!) seem to be past that. Royally Lost looks very cute to me, probably a fun read. I have heard a lot about Deb Caletti but haven't read her yet. Enjoy seeing her and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's seems like there been so much snow and cold weather across the country this year! Looks like a nice variety of books. Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah, I'm just reading 'Howl's Moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones and this one looks amazing as well! I quite like her writing style so far. 'The Hunt' looks really interesting, I love the idea of her human-alien hybrid idea! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy all of your books!
    My Monday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to not have that white stuff anymore...although being here in Missouri, it might be snowing outside at the moment. So ready for spring!

    Happy reading this week! :) The Brunette Librarian's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thats why we got no snow this year, it all went to Duluth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say I've heard of them, but here's hoping they turn out to be great reads. Great cover on The Hunt!

    Thanks for stopping by my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read royally lost and thought it was cute. Thanks for stopping by.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is a LOT of snow! I'd be drowning since I am just under 5"1! Hope you enjoy your books this week and can't wait to read your review of The Taking! Looking forward to reading that one!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your books this week! I need to get on the ball with reading the Kagawa series! I've heard such great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's some snow!! Glad you still made your events and lucky you, I really like Deb Caletti's work. I've heard good things about The Queen of Tearling. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!