Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Memes: Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting another book from my TBR mountain. I have chosen Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. This is the final novel in the Night Huntress series. I will be sad to see this enjoyable urban fantasy series end.
Here is the description:
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones.  They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war...

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights.  Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death...because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences.  And if they fail, their lives--and those of everyone they hold dear-- will be hovering on the edge of the grave.
Beginning:
Crunch.

The sound was a relief. So was the sudden limpness of the form beneath her. It was over. 
Friday 56:
The ground actually began to shake as he dropped his shields and the full weight of his fury-fueled power crashed into the room. 

2 comments:

  1. I have seen the series but never read any of it. Maybe if my TBR pile ever goes down instead of up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are intriguing snippets!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!