Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Memes: The Damascus Thread by Matt Rees

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Underwood lost them in the dust and hustle around the tomb of the Prophet Muhammad's granddaughter. 
Friday 56:
Verrazzano drew his Heckler & Koch and knelt down. The boards at the foot of the house were storm damaged and rotten. They reeked sweetly.
This week I am reading The Damascus Threat by Matt Rees. I got this book for review from Crooked Lane Books. Here is the description from Amazon:
ICE Special Agent Dominic Verrazzano’s vigilance pays off when he uncovers a plot to launch a chemical attack in New York, but he doesn’t know what the target is or how deep the conspiracy goes. And potentially thousands of lives hang in the balance.

The only woman who could have answered his questions is murdered just before she reaches him. In her last moments, she manages to send him a single clue. It will have to be enough. Her tip leads him to Syria, where he must negotiate the treacherous alleys of the casbah in the midst of civil war to track the weapon--before it's too late. Unless it’s already too late.

Sharp as a scimitar and relentlessly suspenseful, Matt Rees's The Damascus Threat will keep readers’ hearts pounding until the very last page.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good thriller. I loved reading the descriptive snippets. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the author has a real way with words. I hope you and your readers will check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTGWIK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one to keep me glued to the pages. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE TRUTH-TELLER’S LIE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great opening. The author lets us know where the book is set and starts in the middle of the action. I'd definitely keep reading!
    Thanks for visiting my blog today.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds interesting. Enjoy the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like there's a lot of action and intrigue. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite intrigued, and that says a lot, since these type of thrillers usually don't catch my interest. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds good - I haven't read anything by this author yet but I'm adding this to my list. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these Friday memes because I get to hear about books that would not normally be on my radar. This one sounds right up my alley and I need to add it to my TBR!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm going to have to add this to my tbr! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!